Chapter 7

Chapter 7

After hearing an announcement was made, thousands of people are gathering in the grand hall of the Nuremberg station. Each with the same concerned expression and questions.

One of these people is Lily, who hasn't played the game for several months. She can't help but let her mind wander back to her husband and three small children hiding out in the apartment she woke up in. How did they get brought here? What is she going to do to raise her children?

From what she could remember this world is filled with warring nations, pirates and mercenaries who have little morals. How can she protect them from this hell?

Suddenly a screen lights up on the wall, displaying a man dressed in a deep blue jacket accented with ice blue stitching and stripes. "This is Crown Prince Hans," he says as he steals himself for what's to come. "You probably have noticed it by now, but we have been drawn into the world of galactic abyss."

"Tell us something we don't know, asshole!" Somebody had yelled aloud, causing uproar in the crowd. The prince tries to calm everyone down by gesturing his hands in a manner before continuing;

"We are looking into how this happened and the possibility of finding a way back home. In the meantime I ask that you refrain from belittling others for not being players or factionize."

Some fists are pounded on tables, some voices erupt from the crowd, demanding more answers than a simple address. People seemed more interested in talking to one another than actually listening, but what else can they do?

"We find ourselves situated within a desolate expanse of space, a region navigated into under the guidance of Admiral Adalwulfs. Consequently, a return to the territory governed by the players is imposible. Hence, I ask that you to maintain composure and abstain from jeopardizing vital infrastructure," he says before pausing. "And for those whom it concerns, she has invoked Article 253"

Some murmurs can be heard discussing what invoking Article 253 meant, but regardless, it seemed the Prince was doing what he could.

"Those who wish to speak their minds please step up to the podium and you will be seen on the other stations as well," he pauses for a moment before adding, "Please put forth questions, not insults as it will do nothing to aid the situation."

A man dressed in a studded leather looking jacket appears on the screen. His neon green hair shaved to a Mohawk, building onto his punk persona that Lily vaguely recognizes.

"With all due respect, I don't suppose we have anyone else who seems to be more fitting for the task of keeping us all alive? I mean, how old is Adalwulfs again? How certain are we that she can even be fit for the task of protecting us all from a horrible death? From my understanding, she was a mercenary conscripted for money, that doesn't exactly bring much confidence for where her loyalty resides, especially now."

Some mutters reverberate through the crowd, some in agreement, others not, before Han Friedrich raises his hand again to bring back silence.

"Ever since joining up with Eisesland she has shown unwavering loyalty," Han Friedrich says with a calm expression. "Going off of her service record, she will be more than adequate for the role she currently holds."

"That self proclaimed battle junky adequate? She's more likely to get herself killed doing something reckless, than protect us from what's out there. Let alone the fact we know nothing about this world." the man says raising his fist at the screen.

"She's unconventional but she isn't stupid. She's had that same character for over seven years, well above the average of three," the prince says taking in a deep breath.