Chapter 2: Her Family

××××××
Gill Mansion
××××××

The Gill Mansion, always a hive of activity at the start of each day, seemed even more alive this particular morning. The spacious kitchen was the heart of it all, where the mingling scents of freshly brewed tea and sizzling parathas filled the air, a testament to the family's rich culinary traditions. Sunlight streamed through the open windows, casting a warm glow on the bustling figures within.

At the center of this familiar chaos was Avni, a serene presence amidst the whirlwind of activity. Dressed in a simple yet elegant kurti paired with jeans, she was the embodiment of modern grace grounded in traditional roots. Her long hair was pulled back into a neat bun, a few stray curls framing her face, highlighting her thoughtful eyes that today, held a spark of excitement.

Gathering her courage, Avni cleared her throat, the subtle sound enough to draw the attention of her family members, each busy with their morning routines. The room quieted, a sense of anticipation hanging in the air as they turned towards her, their expressions a mix of curiosity and affection.

Avni: Mujhe aap sabko ek baat batani hai

Avni began, her voice steady, betraying only a hint of the excitement she felt bubbling within her.

Kamaljeet: Bol na puttar!

Karan: Please tell me you finally agreed to date someone!

Kamaljeet: Chup kar khotte!!!

Avni simply rolled her eyes and ignored her brother.

Avni: I've been given the lead on designing the interiors for my company's new luxury complex. It's a significant step for me and my career. Basically it is for a hotel being built in purani Delhi and the theme for its interiors is Indian Culture and Traditions

Her announcement was met with a moment of stunned silence, the magnitude of her words sinking in. Then, the room erupted into a cacophony of congratulations and excited chatter.

Rajveer, her father, rose from his seat, his stature commanding yet softened by the pride that lit up his eyes. With a stride that spoke of his unwavering support for his daughter, he approached Avni, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

Rajveer: That's fantastic, Avni!"

He exclaimed, his voice rich with pride.

Rajveer: Your modern ideas infused with our traditional values could set a new benchmark in the industry.

Avni: But papa this would mean that I would not be able to help much in Gill Industries and would need to solely focus on my work at Mehta Innovations

(Mehta Innovations: Name of the company where she actually works.)

Karan with smirk jumped in the conversation: Business ki chinta mat kar fluffy! Bas teri salary main se aadha hissa mujhe de dena! Main usse apna early Rakshabandhan gift samajh lunga

Rajveer smacked him on his head and gave him a stern look. He could clearly sense the nervousness and mixed emotions flashing on his daughter's face.

Vandana, always the voice of reason and practicality in the family, nodded in agreement, her analytical mind already considering the possibilities.

Vandana: Let's review the designs together, Avni.

She suggested, her tone pragmatic yet encouraging.

Kamaljeet, the matriarch of the family, watched the exchange with a soft smile, her eyes gleaming with unshed tears of joy. Despite the years, her spirit was as vibrant as ever, her beliefs deeply rooted in the traditions and values she held dear. She rose slowly, her movements graceful, reflecting a lifetime of wisdom. Approaching Avni, she took her granddaughter's hands in hers, the touch warm and comforting.