Prologue.

Location: Nevada, Area 51
Year: 20XX

     The crisp, chilly desert air bit into Heath's face. The night guard shivered and muttered the radio clipped on his shoulder. "This is Wild Boy. Man! The nights are cold out here!"

     The radio crackled. "Wild Boy, this is Big Mac, I bet your Californian ass has never gotten off the tanning bed."

     Big Mac, which was a codename, was Heath's best friend. The two had met at boot camp, and had stuck fast ever since. 

     "Hey, Big, maybe you should just get out in the sun more, it'd do wonders for your pale-ass skin," snickered Heath.

     "Go fuck yourself," was Big Mac's reply.

     Heath laughed, and was about to give another snarky respose when something caught his eye.

     "Say, Big Mac, you see that purple meteor up there?" asked Heath. "About 50 degrees from the horizon." 

     "Uhhh, yeah. Shit, seems to be heading straight toward you, Wild Boy," said Big Mac. "You might wanna move out of the way, it could be another Roswell situation."

     Heath took another look at the meteor. It was indeed much closer now, and it seemed to be heading straight toward his outpost.

     "Move!" yelled Big Mac through the radio, and Heath sprung into action. He quickly slung his rifle over his shoulder and ran to the ladder. Five seconds later, the meteor tore into his outpost, missing him by only inches and tearing through the security fence. An enormous dust cloud sprung into the air as it hit the ground, and a strong burst of wind knocked Heath into the sand.

     "Wild Boy, come in!" barked Big Mac. Heath dug into the sand and fished out his radio. "Cough, W- Wild Boy reporting."

     "What the hell's going on?" yelled Big Mac.

     Heath looked at the meteor's crash site. A sand vortex was swirling out of the crater. The vortex had flashes of gold punctuated in it, and Heath's eyes grew wide in terror.

     "Wild Boy, come in!" 

     Heath pressed a shaky hand to the receiver. "C- call the security teams. We got a Roswell situation." 

                                                          ◈                               ◈                              ◈

     Five minutes later, a small army had surrounded the vortex. Men clad in bulletproof vests and riot shields got into position, and some even deployed miniguns. The rest crouched behind Humvees with assault rifles, and the tension in the air was palpable. 

     Another Humvee pulled up to the scene, and a balding man with a thick mustache exited the vehicle. Unlike the rest of the soldiers, he had several medals pinned to his coat, and a black beret was perched on his head.

     "General Hollister!" A nearby soldier, still growing into his uniform, saluted. 

     "At ease, soldier, and keep your damn hands on your weapon," growled General Hollister. "Can someone explain to me what the hell is going on?"

     Heath walked up to him and saluted. "Private Heath 'Wild Boy' Overrow of the Night Watch, sir!"

     The general nodded. "I am assuming you witnessed this whole thing, Private Overrow?" 

     "Yes, sir."

     "Good. Mind telling me what the hell happened here?" 

     "Well, sir, I saw this purple meteor thing fly toward me at 0300 earlier today. It destroyed my outpost and nearly killed me before crashing through the fence," said Heath. 

     The general nodded again, pulling out a cigar and lighting it. "Alright. I want experienced Navy SEALs here ASAP. Get me in contact with the Secretary of Defense, and-"

     "General, we have movement detected!" yelled a soldier. A figure could be seen standing up through the vortex, and to the surprise of the soldiers gathered, it had a humanoid body with canine ears. 

     "Hold your fire!" ordered the general. "Attention, um...unidentified being! State your identity and purpose for landing on Earth!" 

     The vortex and dust slowly settled as the person walked into view. It revealed a young man with furry dog ears and a bushy tail. He had fair skin, light orange-brown hair with a white section, and teal blue eyes. However, the most jarring part of his features was that he looked like he had jumped straight out of an anime-themed RPG. 

     Some of the soldiers lowered their weapons in surprise and intrigue. However, General Hollister was unfazed. "Welcome to Earth. My name is General Adam Hollister of the United States Army. We mean you only peace and goodwill." He paused for a moment, and then motioned for his men to lower their weapons, as if he had only just realized that having about a hundred guns pointed at the strange man wouldn't give off a "peaceful and goodwilled" impression. 

     The strange man visibly relaxed as the soldiers lowered their weapons, and his tail even wagged slightly. "I am indeed relieved to hear that, General. I was not prepared for another fight, after what happened on our homeworld." 

     The General raised an eyebrow, and the man gave him a tired smile. 

     More purple, and even gold, meteors started falling out of the sky, although they landed a little further off in the distance and didn't cause as much of a disturbance. The General turned to the dog-eared man. "Excuse my forwardness, but is this an invasion, and are you trying to get us to agree to a surrender?" 

     "No! No, of course not!" said the dog man, waving his arms frantically. However, the sudden movement visibly put General Hollister and his men on edge, so he stopped. 

     "I am from Teyvat. My name is General Gorou, formerly of the Watatsumi Island Resistance Army, and now of the Reformed Inazuman Army," said Gorou, his eyes growing grim. "We need your dimension's help, General Hollister. Our world is on the brink of destruction."