III

" Nikita! Wake up." A young voice exclaimed as I was shaken into consciousness. I opened an eye sluggishly to be met with the site of a rather enthusiastic looking Annabeth Chase.

"Well? Spit it out." I encouraged, opening my other eye and sitting up on my elbows.

" This kid arrived at camp with Grover last night, and apparently he killed the Minotaur and lived. He's got to be the one, right?" The girl explained with a hopeful glimmer in her eyes as I sat straight up.

Annabeth and I had formed a strong bond ever since she came to camp with Luke when she was little. We shared a similar sense of drive, determination, and grit, so I knew how eager she was to get a quest and prove herself out in the real world.

She's been fixated on every new camper we've gotten since Chiron slipped and told her she was part of a prophecy. But somehow I could tell she had a special feeling about this boy.

" Gods, where is he now?" I urged as she dug through my clothes before tossing me a camp t-shirt and some black cargo pants.

" He just woke up. He's talking to Chiron and Mr.D but they'll send him to Luke soon, so meet me at Hermes Cabin." She planned and I nodded before she left. I changed and brushed my teeth before tying half of my locks back.

The sun was shining as I stepped outside, taking a deep breath of that unmatched clean air. The trip to Hermes Cabin was short, as I just had to pass Apollo and Hephaestus' Cabins. Upon approach I spotted the curly black hair of Luke, and at his side was a small, baby faced boy who couldn't have been any older than Annabeth.

As I rounded the corner the daughter of Athena was perched on a tree stump. She exchanged a few words with Luke before casting a long glance at the blonde boy, then walking off. I shook my head, I should've known she wouldn't join me in having a conversation with the boy like a normal person.

Luke's body turned toward me before his eyes followed, finding mine.

" Oh, Percy, this is-"

" Nikita Stormund. Daughter of Ares and Ares Cabin Counselor." I cut Luke off as he cast me an annoyed look. The boy glanced between the two of us before sticking out his hand to shake mine.

" Percy Jackson. Son of Sally Jackson and uh... I don't know." My eyes softened slightly as the boy offered a shy smile, his blue eyes filled with a myriad of clashing emotions.

" You're Luke's girlfriend, right? He talks about you a lot." An amused look shot across my face as I turned to look at Luke who was already avoiding my gaze.

" No, Blondie. I can't imagine what gave you that impression. Castellan's just a fan." I flipped my hair back with a smirk as I heard Luke scoff.

" Oh, sorry. I assumed-"

" Alright Percy, now's as good a time as any to take you down to the archery range." Luke steered the conversation in a different direction as he patted Percy's shoulder, encouraging him to start walking.

" Oh no. I'm coming with. You really think I'd let you off the hook that easily?" I teased as I swiftly slid into step next to Luke.

" Please. I only said you were one of the top fighters in camp. Nothing special." He brushed off as he continued on at a fast pace. I took one more look at his side profile before turning to Percy, sneakily tugging him by the arm so we were a bit behind Luke.

" You look like you enjoy a good chocolate chip cookie. I can have a friend whip up a batch if you tell me what Luke actually said." I offered the young boy as he considered my proposition.

" Can you make them blue?" He requested.

" Blue? Hell, why not?" I agreed, brushing off my confusion. He nodded, satisfied, before glancing over at Luke, who still seemed to be preoccupied with looking at anything and everything but me.