patrick janes autism and the cbi.

Like any other day, another case falls in their laps. Patrick jane is lying on the light brown roughed up sofa in the office, half asleep half alert. Kimball cho walks over and nudges him in the side to wake him up. Jane hates the feeling of people touching him but has learnt to mask really well as he is afraid to show his real self.

Lisbon : "jane, you need to get up. We have a case. Some diamonds have been stolen from a lady, and we need to help find them "

Jane:" 5 more minutes."

Lisbon:"No, we need to go now ."
She throws a pillow at him.

Jane gets up and huffs. The team get into their unassigned assigned seats in the car, and Lisbon reminds everyone to put their seatbelts on hinting at jane. He hates how the seatbelt feels and always refuses to wear them. Lisbon gives him a very annoyed look, and patrick ignores it. She refuses to start the car unless he puts it on. Everyone stares at jane, leading him to mask even more and feel uncomfortable for the 2 hr car journey.

They are now half hour into their journey to the crime scene when he feels like his skin is going to come off so he quietly takes it off and put a jacket over the top of his torso in an attempt to hide his decete. He starts to feel really overwhelmed , the sun gets brighter, the car gets louder, and rigsby's chewing is now the loudest thing in the world. He feels as if he's going to cry but doesn't want anyone to know he pulls his hood over his face and puts some headphones on to 'listen to music'.

More often than not, jane is actually wearing noise cancelling headphones, but everyone just assumes he's listening to music. He's learnt that this is an acceptable mannerism at some points but inappropriate at other times and has to hide his true feelings when things get too loud.

They arrived at the crime scene, and Lisbon noticed jane hadn't had his seat belt on when she stopped the car. She felt a little bit of anger as she thought he was just trying to be defiant. Then she noticed a little spark of unease in him. She had never seen that before. Jane's always a happy person. Even when bad things happen, he's like the class clown of the cbi. And then suddenly jane had started smiling again and analysing the surrounding area.

Jane had kept the headphones on and put on some sunglasses. No one said anything, but he knew they all wanted him to take them off. They hadn't seen any people yet, so they thought to leave it until Lisbon said anything to him. Lisbon, on the other hand, didn't say anything because she wanted him to be quiet instead of upsetting or saying something inappropriate to the person that they're trying to help.

They head to the luxurious house with massive wooden doors vines hanging below the windows but nealty and well kept nothing overgrown. Jane knocked on the door. He liked the sound and kept banging it in a rhymic tone, Lisbon grabbed his hands, and he looked like a child who's ice-cream has fell on the floor. Jane just stood there with his hands in his pocket. Nobody had answered. Jane noticed the doorbell hid behind some vines and stepped forward to move them aside.

Jane:" Aha."

Lisbon: " yh, thanks."

Lisbon rang the doorbell once and gestered for everyone to neaten themselves up

Lisbon:" Keep your hand to yourself, be respectful, and don't just say what you're thinking. "mainly aiming them at jane.

Jane takes this as a hint to mask even more and starts rocking on the heals of his feet, trying to play it off as if he's bored and not stimming.

A lady answers the door, and jane smiles at her , She smiles back. They head straight for the common area where a rich woman is sitting watching her maid dust a collectors item.
She welcomes the cbi agents in.