Chapter 3: 𝘓𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘈 𝘍𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳 𝘐𝘯 𝘈 𝘝𝘢𝘴𝘦

He's so beautiful.

"So, you're my new fiancée..." Ayato muttered.

"Ah, yes..." I replied dryly before lowering myself to the floor once more.

A few moments of silence passed through the quiet atmosphere. I could only guess that he was pondering a few thoughts regarding his first impressions of me.

A small, quiet, and plain smile appeared on the lips of the head of the Kamisato clan.

"I see..." He muttered softly to himself. "I take it that your trip here went alright? You must be tired after traveling such a vast distance, you should rest. Thoma will show you to your room."

Once he finished his sentence, his Lordship stood up gracefully and made his way to the door, his elegant and high-end fabrics following behind each stride as he slide the door shut.

As soon as the sound of the door made contact with the its latch, I lifted my head up and stared at the large open window right behind his desk, the gentle breeze having passed by my presence.

Although he seems polite, his words felt so empty...

After my meeting with his Lord, the rest of the day went on with Thoma escorting me around the house and the estate. Given my position as Lord Kamisato's brand new fiancée, I'm sure Thoma was tasked with showing me around to better familiarize myself with the layout of the estate, as well as become better acquainted with his fellow retainers.

By the time I had finished my tour and finished my meals, the moon had already risen and the stars had follow suit. When it was time to retire for the evening, Thoma had escorted me to my room.

"And this room is all yours, Ms. Y/N. Please, use it however you like."

When I entered the room, the first thing I noticed was how spacious it was. The distance from where Thoma and I stood at the entrance of the room to the bed was at least seven large paces away. A small bedside table was placed on the left side of the bed and small lantern sitting idly on top. Even further away was a compact and short-length desk with a few sakura branches comfortably resting in its white-marbled vase.

Against the wall, just across from the end of the bed, was a large closet made of yumemiru wood that had two doors to swing open and two drawers beneath them as a means to hold other articles of clothing. This simple, yet traditional wardrobe sat beside another small table that allowed for a box with flat empty drawers. Based on its design, it's most likely used to store jewelry and accessories such as hairpins, necklaces, earrings, anything that caters towards a young lady's fine luxurious tastes.

"Thank you for your generosity." I replied to Thoma, bowing politely before returning to my upright position.

"Not a problem, my Lady." The crimson-attired housekeeper responded, placing a hand behind his head. His tea-hued eyes had begun to drift from my face off to my side, eventually landing on the floor. It was evident from his posture that he appeared hesitant or nervous, as if he wanted to bring something up to me...

After letting out an exasperated sigh, Thoma's eyes eventually turned to mine once more before he opened his lips and began speaking.

"Ms. Y/N..." He started.

"Yes?" I returned.

"I'd like to apologize for earlier today, when you met my Lord. As I'm sure you know, the young master is one of the commissioners, so he's always on a tight schedule and concludes his engagements as swiftly as possible, which would explain why he quickly left the room."