Chapter 1: The Amulet of Avalor

Hello everyone! Carmelpawhere with a new FanFic. Soooo... This is my first Sofia The First story and I hope you all like it and will enjoy reading this first chapter. Anyways, with all of that out of the way, I hope you enjoy reading this story. Now, without further ado, let's take flight.

"Hold up for a second, one of the Wicked Nine is where?" Sofia asked with a tilt of her head. "In the Kingdom of Arendelle," Vega repeated. Sofia face-palmed with a lot of incoherent mumbling. "Is something wrong, princess?" Chrysta asked her. Sofia shot her friend a playful glair at being called 'Princess.' The young girl sighed and began to pace around in circles, unaware that ice was forming under her feet due to her distressed state.

"Uh... Princess Sofia? If I may ask, why is there ice forming under your feet?" Sofia's gaze snapped up to stare up at Vega with a nervous laugh. "Did you say ice? What ice?" She asked. Vega pointed down to the young princesses feet. Sofia looked down and her eyes widened in panic. "Oh! I uh... I have no idea how that happened." She lied. The other protecters didn't fall for it. "Yeah sure. Why is there ice really forming under your feet?" Sofia sighed in defeat. "Well you see... It's a long story that starts all the way back when I first became a princess, and when my dad gave me this amulet." The young protecter in training said with a sheepish smile.

Chrysta was the first to speak. "I remember you said something about your amulet back when we first met, but we never had time to go into full detail about it." Sofia sighed and gave the crystal fairy a look that said 'I wonder why that might be?' Chrysta laughed and shrugged her shoulders. "Well, for starters, this is the Amulet of Avalor. From what my dad told me, it protects the princess that wears it. Also with each deed performed, for better or worse, a power is granted, a blessing or curse." Sofia explained as best as she could. "In fact, there used to be a princess trapped inside of my amulet." She continued, frowning slightly at the memory.

"Wait, what?" The other protecters all exclaimed in both shock and surprise. Sofia stifled a laugh with a hand at there reactions. "Yup, and it used to be purple." She told them.

"So you can get a new power for a good deed?" Orion asked.

"Yes, but only a pure good deed." Sofia replied. "I can talk to animals because I helped a baby bird, I can turn into a mermaid because I helped Oona from a net when we went to Merroway Cove, and I got the ability to make ice by helping Queen Elsa while on a vacation in Arendelle."

Flashback

In the morning Sofia woke up to see Clover, Robin and Mia at her bedside. She carefully got out of bed and went over to her animal food container to get the blueberries for Clover as well as some nuts and seeds for Robin and Mia. She scooped up the nuts and seeds on to a plate and placed the plate in front of Robin and Mia. Then she went back to the animal food container and picked up one of the many containers of blueberries for Clover. She made her way back to the bed and woke up her animal friends.

"Hey guys did you have a good night sleep last night?" Sofia asks them. "As you can see I have breakfast for you all ready. Seeds and nuts for you Robin and Mia; and Blueberries for you Clover" She picked up some blueberries from the container and laid the blueberries on the bed in front of Clover.

"Um Sofia are these the right Blueberries?" Clover asked.

"Yes Clover I brought them from home for you. Why is there something wrong?" Sofia inquired

"Well the blueberries are um frozen." Clover said as he showed the frozen blueberries.

"No it can't be. I'm sure the blueberries are fresh." Sofia said as she got some blueberries from the container. But the blueberries froze in her hand. "No no no, this can't be happening to me."

"Sofia is that a new power?" Clover asked.

"I'm not sure Clover. But I have to find Queen Elsa and fast. She should know how to handle this power." Sofia said as she went for the door. But when she went for the door the doorknob froze as well. She leaped back in shocked. "Oh no what have I done?"

A sudden knock on the door made Sofia jump in surprise. More ice spread from her feet and soon the window and the walls were covered in a thick layer of ice. She tried to keep calm as she heard a voice from the other side of the door. "Sofia? It's Elsa, are you ok in there?" She heard a faint response from her. But she could make out what Sofia was saying. After double checking to make sure that no one else was around, Elsa melted the ice around the door. Once the ice was fully melted she entered the room to see Sofia on the floor hugging her knees with a scared look on her face. "Are you okay, Sofia?" She asked her. But all she could hear from her was "What have I done?" Elsa then reached for Sofia's shoulder. "Sofia please tell me what happened?"

Sofia summoned up all of her courage to tell Queen Elsa. "I'm not sure, I was trying to feed my pet bunny Clover blueberries and all of a sudden I saw the blueberries freeze in my hand. I was scared I ran to the door to get you and I saw the doorknob froze as well. Elsa, I'm scared. What's happening to me?"

"Sofia can you try the blueberries again?" Elsa asked her. Sofia nodded and picked up a few blueberries and tried to feed Clover again but the blueberries froze in her hand. Elsa couldn't believe what she was seeing. "Sofia you brought gloves with you, right?" Sofia nodded. "Put them on and follow me to my bedroom quarters" She picked up the breakfast platter and went to her bedroom quarters.

After Sofia put on her gloves, she followed Queen Elsa into her bedroom quarters. "Elsa can you explain to me why I have ice powers? I mean, I felt fine before I went to bed." She asked her. Sofia knew lying wasn't the right thing to do. But she couldn't tell Elsa that her amulet is magical.

Elsa put the platter on her bed. "This is strange. Let me get King Roland and Queen Miranda." Elsa said as she went to the door. But Sofia stopped her.

"Please, don't tell them, Elsa. I don't want our vacation to be ruined because of me." Sofia pleaded.

"Don't worry, Sofia, I want you to stay here while I get my sister. Just have some food from the platter while you wait. But please, Sofia, don't freeze anything while I'm not around." Elsa requested.

"I'll try my best, Elsa." Sofia said. After Elsa left her bedroom quarters to get Anna, Sofia went to the platter of food and started to eat. Luckily there was a fork and knife to eat with. After Sofia finished eating, she started to pace around the room until she stopped at a window. "Well as long I'm here I might as well enjoy the view of the kingdom." Sofia went to the window but had trouble opening it. "I forgot that I'm wearing gloves, it won't hurt to take them off for a moment." Sofia took off her gloves and attempted to open the window again. But when the window started to freeze, she quickly let go. "Oh no, not again."

End Flashback

"And that's what happened." Sofia said as she finished the story. The other protecters were silent for quite some time before Chrysta spoke up to break it. "Remember that time during Wassailia when we met those Hoodwinks and you said something about wishing to be small? How did you get that ability?" Chrysta asked her trainee. Sofia just laughed and winked at her. "That's a whole other story involving me being cursed to stay small until I fixed the problam." She said after a short pause.