Chapter 4: HML

Tia

I was walking down 44th street talking to my mother on the phone. She was laying me out about the video that's been going viral. I was embarrassed and apart me wished I didn't get her so hip to technology.

"Ma, I know it's just I've been so stressed and over this situation with Morgan and Santana.

"It's been two years honey you have to move on"

"Move on, my closest cousin stole my fiancé from me had his baby and now they're married what do you mean ma? I whined. I felt myself trip on the uneven pavement. "Shit" I mumbled. I then felt a hard bump and felt myself spin but stopped. I looked up and it was him, the officer that saved me and that I kind of have a crush on. He let go of me and I watched him quickly run off with the rest of the officers chasing some man down the street. I then felt defeated this could of been the moment when he asked for my number, we go several dates and him love me.

"Hello Tia"

"Tia Chrisette Love" My mother yelled. "I'm sorry mom things happened so quickly in a matter of 10 seconds"

"Yeah yeah yeah, I was asking did you want to go to the spring tea festival with me Saturday I have an extra ticket"

"Sure, this is the only weekend I have to myself" I said. "Okay well I'm about to get ready for my date with Langston he's such a charmer " she giggled and I was in shock.

"Here I am 27 years old, dateless and dick deprived and my 57 year old mom is going on dates and living the life.

"Okay tell me how it goes mommy" I smiled hanging up. I walked in the wine shop looking for some red vine to cook my pasta in tonight.

"47.89" The white man said. I handed him a 100 dollar bill and he looked at me funny. What a black woman can't have some money in her pockets. He gave me my change back, I quickly propped my Louie Vuitton bag up placing my money in the pocket sipping it up. "Have a lovely day at work sir" I smiled walking out of the door. As soon as I walked down the street I began feeling hopeless. When is my fairly tale love story gonna come, when is superman gonna sweep me off of my feet. I quickly called one of my best friends Carmen hoping she would pick up. At least I would look more boss walking down these busy streets of Newyork.

"Hello"

"Am I gonna be a lonely bitch with 7 cats? I asked. She started to laugh "No Tee Tee just chill out it's all about timing but you'll never find love if you don't make time for love" she said. "But how, I'm so busy" I said.

"You'll find love , everything that's happening to you is supposed to be happening" she said lowly. "You sure? I asked.

"-you'll, oh god Shawn stop" she moaned. "Yeah bend it over for me" My eyes widened was this trifling heffa getting a back shot while on the phone with me. I turned my phone off and was disgusted. I continued to walk down the street, a block away from where I parked my car. I felt like I wanted to cry on top of that my gum got stuck on the bottom of my Christian louboutins.

When I arrived to my car, I looked up to see the officer behind my car. I felt myself cheer inside but I couldn't let him see that. I walked over to see him chillin in front of his car.

"You know you're not supposed to be parking on this side of the street, I could give you a ticket" he said pointing to side. If he was here to do the most I wasn't here for it.

"Let me guess you're one of those officers that take advantage of your authority" I said twirling my hair.

Jacob

I was looking at this woman and she in fact did look good every time I see her she's in a suit with heels. With her long hair, she looked a little antsy like she had a bad day or something. I still wasn't the type to flirt all the time but I was definitely in the mood.

Nah I don't do that but I see you're a celebrity now......worldstar" he laughed.

"Are you serious? If my boss sees this I am through "she whined.

"You'll be fine, trust me. Plus I came over to check up on you. I saw the video not too long ago "

"I'm living but you almost killed me today" she said and I began to laugh. "I'm sorry we were chasing these bad kids and I didn't want to knock you over and leave you there so I kind of moved you" I explained to her.

"Well thanks for saving the day once again officer" she smirked opening her door getting in.

"Wait" I said leaning over towards her. "I was wondering if I could get your number and maybe we could hang sometime" I asked

Tia

I was so excited, finally the lord has answered my prayers. I was asking to cross into him again.
"Hang? I asked. Hang was like a buddy buddy word and I wasn't looking for a buddy. "How about a date" he said

"That's better its 202-761-0007"

"Cool, I'll call you" he said closing the door for me. "Okay" I said innocently. I quickly pulled off so I could turn up in the car. I blasted some music Nicki Minaj feeling myself and began getting hype.

"Yessssssssss" I screamed. I quickly called Jackie telling her the news. "Yes sis" she said.

"I gave him my number, the officer, and I'm possibly going on a date. What, what " I yelled

"Ayeeeee now you can stop gushing over him "

9pm

It was 9 o clock and I was still sitting by the phone waiting for it to ring. I hope I wasn't feeling desperate but I'm at the point where all of my friends are getting boyfriends , getting married and I'm over here getting easily turned off by what a man says to me. I grabbed the pan and scrapped the remainder of the pasta I made in the container. I heard my phone ring and I flew to it. It was an unknown number and I figured it was him

"Hello" I said

"Hello, is this Tia? I heard a deep, sleepy voice ask. And I knew it was him, he sounded so sexy over the phone.

"This is she" I smiled sitting on the counter. "Wassup its Jacob"

"Hi officer" I said

"Officer Pshhhh I'm off "he said. "I kind of like calling you that "I smiled gushing over the phone.

Jacob

I was bored out of my mind just getting in the house and was about to order me another pizza. I was really a loner maybe it's time for me to start dating and to see what Tia is all about. This was getting out of hand, she sounded sweet and serene on the phone she seemed kind of jolly.

"Oh you do huh?

"Yes" she said bluntly. "What are you doing
judge? I asked looking up at the ceiling.

"I just cooked me a scrumptious meal" I said. "What did you cook? I asked her, I was curious because if her cake was delicious then I just knew that her food would be good.

"Chicken Parmesan "

"That sounds good, meanwhile I'm over here about to order a pizza"

"Let me guess you order those a lot as soon as you get off" she said and I was surprised because she was right.

"How do you know my habits? I laughed. "Because you're a police officer, I know how yall get down trust me I have lots of officer friends" she explained.

I looked over at my bed and how it's been so empty for months. This sounds crazy but I kind of wish she was here and we could talk eye to eye. I know it would be crazy to ask her to stop by at 9:30 she would instantly get turned off and dip.

"What are you doing? She asked.

"Nothing staring in space and talking to you"

"I'm kind of bored "she yawned."Hmm maybe we can change that" I said

"And what are you saying Mr. Officer?

"Maybe you can come over and chill we watch a movie and then I make sure you get home safely"

She laughed " I like how you worded that"

"I didn't want you to get the wrong impression"

"Where do you live by Jacob? She said and I didn't know if she was being serious or not.

"32nd street across from a big brown building "

She began to laugh "you don't live far away from me"

Tia

I was debating if I should go over there, I mean I hardly know the guy, he could be a pervert or something and he's an officer meaning he could kill people if he really wanted to. Would I be considered a one night stand or a hoe? I mean he did say watch a movie but you know what that truly means Netflix and then fuck. And I'm not like that; I didn't want to seem too available.

Aww she has a crush on him

Hmmm what will Tia do?