(011) he never leaves

CHAPTER ELEVEN
HE NEVER LEAVES

CHAPTER ELEVEN HE NEVER LEAVES

current day

Arella had slept for hours, Henry keeping his promise to watch over Finch whilst she was out. Waking up to her still being alive was a huge relief, the redhead sneaking about through the bushes. Due to the fact it's a little earlier in the day, several of the mentors have made their way back into the room to watch the monitors once again.

Admittedly, Arella misses the company of Finnick beside her as she sits there, an unsettled silence flowing through the air. Henry had gone, squeezing her shoulder gently on his way out, leaving her on her lonesome. There's a part of her that wanted to grab his hand and pull him back, ask him to stay with her whilst she tries to keep her sanity in tact, but her pride pushed that thought away real quick.

Finch is walking about the arena, albeit rather slowly, eyes darting around the place as she watches out for other tributes. She can't see what the others are doing on her own individual screen, but a quick glance upwards shows a large screen with every view upon it. Katniss Everdeen is the one that stands out to her, perched in a tree with the career tributes circling beneath. Amongst them is the boy who had publicly declared his love for his district partner, the blonde haired tribute keeping a watchful eye on Katniss.

If the situation wasn't so dire, Arella might find the gesture sweet. It's quite obvious to every person watching that he's putting himself in further danger to keep her safe, even if she doesn't seem to think so herself.

Haymitch is glancing over at her every now and again, his gaze watchful and somewhat imposing. She knows that, for some odd reason, he seems to be rather fond of her. It's more than likely because he's close with Jack, although that may not be it either — Arella and Jack aren't exactly friends. Perhaps there are parts of her that remind him of himself.

"You're creeping me out a bit," Arella speaks dryly, looking at him for a few seconds before returning her eyes to the screen.

"You look like you've actually slept," Haymitch remarks, eyebrows raised in surprise.

"That's because I have. I'm sure you had nothing to do with that at all, did you?"

Haymitch doesn't even hide the smug look on his face, the smirk pulling at his lips. He is one of the few people that know of Arella's connection to Henry and he's happy to abuse that knowledge whenever he can. Admittedly, it's usually to her benefit not his, but it still gets on her nerves.

"Maybe if you did what I asked of you for once—" The man begins before he's cut off by a scowling brunette.

"You're not my father, Haymitch. I don't need you to look after me," She hisses.