the truth about the sea beast

A/N:

HES A MERMAID???

Wot???

I'm so shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was not expecting this at all!!!!

__________________

He lead me outside. Then, kept leading? I didn't know where he was taking me exactly as we sifted through the parking lot, but I had my fists at the ready and my stilettos were sharp enough to kick through his eye socket. To say I wasn't worried would be a serious understatement.

"Okay, where are we going?" I huffed.

Said neon orange, faux-snakeskin platform stilettos were already breaking my ankles in half, and my blue and orange plaid skirt was so perfectly tailored to my body that it was sticking to my thighs and abdomen with the help of the sweat trickling from my every orifice.

He looked back at me over his shoulder, and just as he did, I perked up and pretended I wasn't beginning to struggle with the outlandish trek he was taking me on.

"To Adagray."

I scoffed, "And who's that? A lady?" There was a twinge in my stomach for some reason. Especially when he slowed his speed down to mine and smiled at me out of the corner of his mouth.

"Oh yeah, a very pretty one. She's a got a little bit of a dangerous side too, enjoys drowning unsuspecting visitors. I love murderous tendencies in my lovers," he leant down closer to me as he breathed, "if you couldn't tell."

I hmphed dramatically and skidded on my toes. I didn't know why I cared so much, but I had a pretty good idea. The vision and the imprinting and the Stolkholm Syndrome had brainwashed me into actually being jealous of anybody he interacted with, especially those he apparently had an attraction to.

"Why are you telling me this?"

He shrugged, "You asked. And you said I wasn't allowed to lie to you anymore."

I crossed my arms and stared straight ahead, "Well, why stop now? You were getting so good at it."

I could practically feel his smile as he said, "Really? You think so?" I didn't answer, "I'm taking that as a compliment, you know. Am I not allowed to drown in the light of your praise?"

"Quite contraire," I smirked, "you are allowed to drown. I pray you do it faster."

He sighed, "You know I can't drown. Sorry to disappoint you."

"I'm used to that by now."

He pulled me back by my shoulder. His fingers set alight the skin of my arm as they lingered there. The vision replayed again. And again. And again. And there was nothing I could do but stand helpless within his gaze and his touch.

"Why does that keep happening?"

He shrugged again, "It's your brain trying to tell you what it wants. The more you resist it, the more persistent it becomes."

"You still see it too?" He nodded. "Why? I mean, I know why I hate everything about you and our horrible life together, but why do you?"

He stared at me. I tried to pay no mind to his fingers. I didn't even want to shake them off. A part of me was hoping he'd forget he had them there so he'd touch me that softly for a little while longer.

That part of me would, of course, be exorcised as soon as I wasn't sleep-deprived and had a better control over myself.

"Well, why do you hate it?"

"I asked you first." I growled. He smiled and looked down at the ground, even removed his hand.

Regrettably, I was disappointed by this.