Chapter 3 The Bar

"Common it'll be fun!" Abigail whined as she stood at my doorframe in a pink towel.

"I would love to," I lied, looking for an excuse to miss out on her friday night outings "but I have to catch up on a lot of work." I said pointing to a stack of all ready finished work (she didn't need to know it was finished of course)

"That's no excuse, you're coming." She said pulling her hair out of the bun that was sitting on top of head and letting the long black locks fall onto her bare shoulders.

"Abs, I really can't tonight!" I said trying harder to ditch the bar for a book. But an hour later i found myself in a dress that was really uncomfortable and makeup caked onto my face because Abigail basically pinned me down and powered me so much i could barely see. I stood at the bar and watched as Abigail danced with strangers i hadn't seen before and she downed shot after shot. I stood there wishing i was as confident as her and waiting for her to finally stumble out the door. Eventually I lost track of her and i could barely keep my eyes open.

"Meghan?" I heard a voice say from beside me.

"Drew? Hey!" i said giving him a big hug. He smelled of beer and cologne. His shirt was wet down the front and his hair was messy.

"What are you doing here? you don't strike me as a go out for drinks kinda girl." he said putting his hand on the bar beside me and motioning for the bartender.

"Oh no i'm here with a friend," I said looking around "Who seems to of left" he laughed before ordering another beverage "I guess i should get going, i don't want to be tired for work tomorrow" He groaned as a clear beverage in a tall glass was set on the bar next to him.

"Don't even remind me." he said downing more then half of the liquid. I stood with my mouth slightly open surprised the liquor hadn't affected him. i guess he saw my shock before lifting the glass and saying "Sprite." I slowly let a smile slip onto my face and he started to laugh with a big toothy grin. I picked up my phone and saw then Abigail texted me

Found a friend, get ur own ride home

I groaned and locked the phone letting my head fall onto my arms placed on the bar. "What's wrong?" Drew asked taking a seat next to me.

"My friend ditched so i have to get a ride home and i don't think any more buses are going this late." i said sighing. "I guess i'm walking." i said getting up from the stool and grabbing my clutch "See you tomorrow?" i said placing my hand on his large bicep and letting it drag to his back as i walked past him.

"No. You are not  walking home alone at 2 in the morning." he said standing up and downing the rest of his soda. next thing i knew i was walking around new York city at the most beautifully terrifying time of the night. The whole time we were walking all i could do was laugh. My stomach hurt so bad i was crying and doubled over in laughter. When we got to the apartment I stopped. "This is me." I said pointing to the big building that stood tall behind me "so um...." I started then noticed that Drew was standing there with his mouth slightly open. "You live here?" He said blinking at me. "I live here!" He laughed. "Really?" I answered back. And so we went walking to the elevator together and I got off at 4 and he got off at 7.

(The picture above is Abigail)