chapter 1 redone

Author's note:

I'm just editing around my story and going with story lines that pop up in my head as I go, sorry for the long pauses but I'm not a dedicated writer.

Chapter ?

As a witch, I didn't want to be obvious about my powers.  Many supernatural races didn't get along, and hunters often killed any supernatural being because we were different.  Since our family had moved here, I decided to incorporate my magic into martial arts.  It makes it seem as if I'm extremely skilled in the art of pressure points, body manipulations, and flexibility.  In other words I looked like a bad ass human being that could fight and take on even werewolves.  For me its become an art form, maybe some would even consider me a ninja.  Keeping my head down and blending in while protecting myself in the least obvious ways were just some of my skills. 

Witches often have unusual eye colors, so most of us wear contacts to prevent people from seeing them and asking questions.  Oh, I might as well introduce myself since I told you my biggest secret of being a witch already.  My name is Arianna Nie and I'm a full blooded powerful witch.  I'm 5'6 and 125 lbs, with long brown hair and silver eyes.  I obviously can't go around showing my silver eyes so I wear green contacts.  It's my first day at the new high school. I'm 17 and in my senior year.  I keep myself on the down low.  I cast a spell that lets people turn their attention away from me after a few seconds unless I am the one that wants their attention on me.

My mother came and woke me up at 6:30 am.  She literally has to drag half my body off the bed to get me to wake up. 

"Arianna wake up, its time to get ready for school."

"5 more minutes mom."  I muttered into my pillow.  Yeah, that never seems to work, the next thing I know I'm pulled half way off the bed.  "Alright I'm up, I'm up!"

I stood in front of the mirror and did my morning routine.  I dressed in my favorite skinny jeans and a tank top.  Then I put my hair in a pony tail and brushed my teeth.  I eat my lovely fattening pancakes for breakfast every morning.  My moms pancakes are the best!

My brother is a junior and casts the same attention redirecting spell as me.  We try to live as normally as possible but stuff always seems to happen to us.  We've already moved quite a few times.  The last time we moved was when my brother came into his powers.  He sort of made rainbows sprout from our house, while it only lasted for 10 min, it was enough to scare my family into running that very night.  All it takes is one person mentioning something strange to the wrong person and we would all be dead.  We don't want to take any chances too many of our kind have been killed by such carelessness.

My brother and I share a car to school, and we headed off to collect our schedules.  Just as we got on campus, we stepped out of the car and started heading towards the office.  Two huge guys started fighting right in front of me.  One guy pushed the other and the other guys of course got pissed and punched him in the face.  On instinct I caught the elbow that almost hit me and pushed him into the floor.  I realized my mistake right away.  This was a freaking werewolf.  A human is not suppose to b e strong enough to push him into the floor.  Well I hope my spell holds out against my mistake, if they focus too much on me they might overcome it and realize something is wrong with me.  Damn its my first day and I already screwed up.

That's when I looked up into the face of the other guy and he was staring at me with shock.  I cursed myself in my head.  Damn it.  This guy was gonna be a problem.  At least he's gonna be a hot problem.  My god he was freaking hot.   They both stood up and looked me up and down and I started walking away praying for my spell to kick in more strongly.  I had a big problem now, my spell will not work on people that I want attention from.  My stupid split second crush on the hot guy is gonna be my undoing.  I defintiely felt my stupid heart flutter, it wanted his attention.