Hell

My own personal hell started in 6th grade. It was still at the same school since the school was kindergarten through high school. The hamster that I was worried about the year before did sadly die a few days after I came in crying. Everyone knew because I told them. Anyway onto hell. The 6th grade started out ok. I didn't talk to anyone because I had no friends IK tried to be friends with them but they wouldn't be my friend. It made me feel alone. A few weeks into the new school year was when the bullying started again.

Our science teacher asked us to make a name tag with a nickname we wanted him to call us and I choose the name my little cousin called me cause he couldn't say my name correctly yet, that name was Jecka. I know it sounds weird but to me it was sweet and I actually liked that nickname. Everyday before we started class our teacher asked for special intentions everyday before we started class so we could say a prayer for those intentions to me heard. The middle of the year, my mom told me her friend's son was in the hospital after a bad accident. His car went underneath a semi-truck. They said he was lucky he was alive. He was in a coma and I felt the need to pray for him to get better as that is not something anyone should have to go through. So everyday I would raise my hand during prayer and ask the class to pray for my mom's friend's son who was in a coma.

One of the boys started to make fun of that a few weeks after the first time I mentioned it. He would say things like my mom's friend's son has cancer. Which if that was true I am truly sorry for the family but he continued to say it again and again. Then he started saying my mom's friend's son's hamster died knowing full well my hamster had dies the year before. Again if that is true I am so sorry for the loss of the person's pet, But just like he did before he kept saying it again and again. Nobody ever stood up for me or told him to stop. So i kept quiet and tried to ignore him, it was not easy cause soon his friends join in.

It got to the point I would come home crying almost everyday and wouldn't want to go to school. I would fake being sick so I could stay home. My family knew that something was wrong but I didn't want to talk about it scared nobody would believe me or help me. I thought KI was alone in dealing with my bullies. I finally told my mom. Her and I went to the principal and told him everything, they stopped for a few weeks but then started again. I told my mom and she didn't believe me, at that point I felt hopeless and just wanted all the bullying to stop. I would cry as I looked back at old yearbooks and see how happy and carefree I was.

I finally found a way to block them out and that was drawing. I would doodle stupid stuff in my binder when they started bullying me. I then started ignoring them and showing them they were not getting to me. The bullying continued until the beginning of 8th grade when I finally got the courage to defend myself and asked them to stop. It didn't really help but it made me feel better knowing I stood up for myself. Finally a new kid came along for them to bully, I felt bad for the kid but I was happy they were leaving me alone.

I slowly started talking to people and they were shocked I actually talked but soon they all came to accept that I just wanted to be left alone to focus on my studies. We all graduated 8th grade and turns out all my bullies were gong to different schools while I stayed and went to the high school at our current school.