| Kuch Kuch Hota Hai |

Tum paas aaye, yun muskuraaye

Tumne na jaane kya sapne dikhaye

Ab toh mera dil, jaage na sota hai

Kya karoon haye

Kuch kuch hota hai

"Meerab! MEEEEEERAB!" A high-pitched cry pierced through Meerab's ears, prompting her to bury her head under the pillow in an attempt to block out the noise.

"Kya hai, sonei dou naaaaaa," she groaned with irritation, her voice muffled by the pillow.

"Uth na, kitna soyegi yaar, UTH!" Mirchi Khan screeched, pacing around on her patchwork quilt, his sharp claws digging into the thin fabric as Meerab turned over onto her stomach.

"Kya hai, ufffff," Meerab snapped, abruptly sitting up, causing Mirchi Khan to flap his wings frantically and hastily fly away to sit on the window sill. "Kya musibat hai sonei dou na" she groaned, rubbing her eyes that burned due to her sleep being disturbed so abruptly.

"Uth na, baahir dekh khirki ke baahir tere liye kuch hai" he squawked, flapping his wings excitedly.

"Abhi tou sooraj bhi nahi nikla, Mirchi yaar" Meerab groaned, looking out the window at the faded blue, starry dawn sky.

"Tu uth na, sooraj khudhi nikal aayega. Eik dafa yahan aa ke dekh tou sahi" he pleaded, landing beside her on the bed. He poked her forehead with his sharp claw as she fell sideways on the mattress groaned again.

"Mirchi, jao yahan se iss se pehle ke mai tumhara gala daba doun" Meerab snapped, shooting him a death glare through sleepy eyes before she closed them again in an attempt to fall back into a peaceful sleep and return to dreamland until she had to wake up again to give her father breakfast.

"Yaar, woh bechara kab se baahir tera intezaar kar raha hai, uth jaa na, please, Meeraaabbbb" Mirchi Khan begged in his shrill, high pitched voice causing Meerab to snap her eyes open, her brows furrowed in confusion as she blinked away the sleep.

"Kon?" She asked, rubbing her eyes as they burned.

"Wohi, woh Mair, mahal wala" he said, poking her face once more before he flew up and sat on her head.

"Woh yahan kya kar raha hai?" She asked, massaging her temples as a light throbbing began in her head due to being abruptly woken up at five in the morning.

"Mujhe kya pata, mai tou sukoon se so raha tha, phir kisi ke pairon ki awaaz aayi. Uth ke dekha tou woh hero tha. Phir uss ne mujhe mirchi di aur mai aa gaya tujhe uthane. Ab chal uth na, kab se tere intezaar mei khara hai bechara, aur kitna intezaar karayegi" he poked her head with his beak this time causing her to wave her hands over her head which in turn had him flapping his wings again and going to sit at the top of the wardrobe this time. "Zaalim aurat, jab dekhou hamle karti rehti hai" he squawked just as Meerab hurriedly got out of bed and rushed towards the window, pausing only to check her appearance in the mirror.

She quickly finger-combed her wild bed hair that was sticking up in a few places before walking over to the window. It was the crack of dawn, the sky was still dark but a thin line of light was visible at the horizon. Her eyes scanned the garden below until they landed on a shadowy figure leaning against one of the trees. He seemed to be waiting for her and just as her eyes found him, he immediately stood up straight and walked out of the dark and into the soft glow of the oil lamp at the front gate.

He waved at her from below, smiling when she squinted her eyes at him in slight judgment before asking, "Tum yahan kya kar rahe hou?" her voice was a hushed scream, trying to remain mindful of the fact that her father was sleeping in the room next to hers.