Special Chapter 1: Eli & Ida Start of Friendship

"ELI, IT'S TIME! YOU NEED TO GO TO SCHOOL"

"Coming!" I yelled from my room.

looked at myself again in the mirror just to see if I was wearing the complete uniform. It was my first day at Heinrich International School as a high school student! I was so excited but also nervous! Paano kapag wala akong naging friends?! I would make sure to talk to everyone so I would not be left out! But I was scared! I didn't know how to make friends!

I sprayed perfume again for the last time and fixed my headband with a ribbon on it. Then I went downstairs, already carrying a backpack. "Bye, Mommy!" I kissed her on the cheek before leaving the house.

Hindi ako makapagsalita sa loob ng car the whole time. I was just playing with my fingers and looking outside. There would be so many transferees in school, for sure! I would meet new people! Hindi pa naman ako magaling makipag-usap because naiinis ako kaagad!

When we stopped in front of the school, I hurriedly went down and took a deep breath before going inside. Ang daming students! I got so conscious because everyone looked like they were walking with their friends! May mga kasama sila. Some were in groups while I walked alone!

Never mind! I can do this!

I found my room kaagad, thankfully! When I went inside, they became quiet for some reason! I could feel their stares! Why?! Ano ang problem nila?! I quietly sat on the vacant seat sa may second row. I didn't want to be in front. Mauuna ako kapag introduce yourself na. I didn't want that!

"Hi..." I wanted to greet my seatmate but she probably didn't hear me because she was busy talking to another classmate. They were laughing. Dahan-dahan kong ibinaba ang kamay ko at tumingin na lang sa harap. That was awkward. I couldn't talk to anyone because they were busy having a conversation with others.

Inilabas ko na lang ang notebook ko and my pink pen. I started writing my name in front of the notebook dahil wala akong magawa.

After writing, I looked up again because the door opened. I saw another girl entering the room, holding a cup of lemonade. My eyes widened when I realized that we had the same bag! The same headband too! And... same shoes! What the?! Her gaze went to me. Nakita ko rin ang pagkagulat sa mga mata niya.

She scoffed and came up to me like she was ready to fight.

"Excuse me. Why... why are we wearing the same thing? Are you copying me?"

What?! No words came out of my mouth! Ang... ang kapal! I sarcastically scoffed while looking at her. Napatayo tuloy ako sa kinauupuan ko at humakbang palapit sa kanya. She didn't budge and just raised an eyebrow.

"You are so rude!" I said. I didn't care about making friends anymore! "How is that rude? I'm just wondering!" she defended herself. "Because this bag is a limited edition! It's my first time seeing someone with the same bag!"

"You're rude for asking me if I was copying you! Excuse me, I don't even know you! Who are you?!" I complained again. "Fraida Journie Lascano," she introduced herself and offered her hand.

"You can call me Ida." I ignored her hand and just sat down, rolling my eyes. She unbelievably scoffed again and then just went to her seat... which was beside me! Ugh!

We looked like twins when we were beside each other! "Who's rude now?" she whispered but I definitely heard that!

"Whatever," bulong ko rin.

The teacher finally arrived so I stayed quiet in my seat. We made the usual introductions and it was the same with the other subjects until lunch break came. I stood up and got my bag. Ganoon din si Fraida sa tabi ko.