Down Under- Chapter 2

-Tim's POV-

Location: Sydney, Australia\Time: 12:15 (past midnight)

I dropped down from the bio-ship on top of one of the tall building behind the Sydney Opera House. Nightwing told me to come here to begin my search, and although I knew who I was looking for, I had no idea where to start. I left the bio-ship parked on top of the building in camo mode and went to explore the city. Since I'd become the third hero to be honored with the Robin mantle, I'd travelled all over the world with Bruce, but I'd never been to Australia, so the city was unfamiliar to me.

After about an hour wandering around on the rooftops, I decided to get a look from the streets. I swung down to the sidewalk, receiving some looks, a few people even snapping pictures, and a little girl asking for a picture, but other than that, nothing that out of the ordinary. I heard whispers of Ït's the Boy Wonder!" or "Look it's Robin!" and knew that the word would be out about me being here soon enough. Climbing back onto the rooftops, I pulled up a digital map of the city.

"Now if I were a fox, where would I hide?" I asked myself aloud.

"I'd check underground. I hear that foxes like it down there just as much as bats do." A female voice replied from behind me. I whirled around, pulling out my bo-staff and mentally cursing myself for not paying attention to my surroundings. But when I saw who was behind me, I lowered my staff slightly. The girl was in an all black outfit, consisting of casual workout clothing. She was wearing jogging tights and a baggy black NIKE hoodie with black running shoes, and she also had black hair, with a slight brownish coloring to it. Her eyes were covered by the darkest of sunglasses. That's when I knew.

"Fox?" I inquired.

She smiled, walking closer as I put my staff away. "Hey Bird Boy #3." Approaching me,she wrapped me up in a sisterly hug. "It's good to see you, Tim." She added.

I nodded, pulling out of the hug. "Yeah, it's been almost a year since I ran into you in Gotham."

"Well when I found out that Bats had yet another Boy Blunder,I had to check him out for myself. And since I was in town..." she trailed off, shrugging. "How have things been since... you know.. Jason...?"

I sighed, not really liking to talk about it. "Alright, I guess. Bruce took it pretty hard, but you know... Life goes on, I guess.."

"He was a good kid... I only met him once or twice.. but in the one year he was Robin, I think he did some good. A little misguided, but he was good." (I know Jason Todd was Robin for a long time, since he was like a kid, but Fox has only been gone for a little over two years, so I'm quashing it together. Sorry!) "And now, you're here, carrying on the legacy."

"Yeah, well... trying anyways." I scratched the back of my neck uncomfortably.

"You act just like him." she mumbled, so quietly that I wasn't sure if I heard her correctly.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, nothing." she said dismissively.

"How'd you find me?" I wondered.

"I was on a run when I heard some squealing teenage girls talking about how hot the American superhero was. When I asked them who it was, they said BatBoy." She laughed at this. "I assumed that it was one of you, so I tracked your wrist computer's signal, and here I am."

"How'd you manage to track my wrist computer? We weren't even in the same area? How'd you know what to look for? There are millions of computers in this city!"

"I just tracked for the BatCave signal. It's the same system as your watch." She shrugged. I never would have thought of that. "How about you come to mine? I'll make you a cup of tea and we can catch up." she offered. I nodded. "Here, take off your cape and your mask and put this on." She shrugged off her hoodie and handed it to me. "It's not far, just a few buildings over." We made it to her building, and to avoid suspicion, went up her fire escape instead of through the lobby, and climbed through the living room window. Her apartment was very modern and clean.

"Nice place." I commented.

"Thanks. My dad rents it for me." She said. She told me to take a seat and I when I did, she joined me a few moments later with steaming cups of tea. Her sunglasses were gone and her eyes startled me. Dick had mentioned them before, but I'd never believed him before now. They were the strangest, most unique shade of blue I had ever seen. She sat next to me, sipping from her mug.

"Why Australia?" I wondered.

"I graduated and got into Georgetown, which was my school of choice, but I've always really wanted to study abroad. Now I go to the University of Sydney." I nodded, understanding her reasoning.

"So Tim, lets cut to the chase. Why are you here?" This girl got to the point.

I took a deep breath. "We need your help, Lex. We need Fox's help."

She notched an eyebrow. "Fox is retired."

"You don't understand. We need more people on the Team! With Lagoon Boy MIA, Kaldur gone to the dark side, and Artemis... well.. did you hear?"

"Yeah..." she sighed sadly. "I went to the funeral, but no one saw me except M'gann. She sensed me." This was news to me, but I didn't comment.

"Well, we need you. Nightwing... I mean... Dick needs you."

"I'm sorry Tim... " she said, standing up and putting her mug in the sink. "I've given up the life. It was great to see you, but you can go and tell Dick that I can't."

"Wait." I said as she ushered me out the door. "Dick told me to tell you... He said that  he wanted to call in his favor." Some emotion that I couldn't read flashed in her eyes and then she looked at me, taking a deep breath.

"Fine." she said. "I'll go."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

omg guys she's goiinngg!!! COMMENT AND VOTE WHAT YOU THINK SO FAR!! FUNNY AND TRUE PIC ON THE SIDE!!