~6~

Miyuki threw the small garlic pieces on top of the steamy bacon and vegetables before shaking the frypan and pouring a small portion of soy sauce into it. She pulled off her mask and wiped the sweat off of her face fast before inhaling the scent of the food she made.

It smelled decent.

She pulled out a tiny plate into her hand and placed a small portion of the food onto it with chopsticks. She gave it a nibble and gave it a nod.

Her hand went to wipe the newly formed sweat drops again fast as the kitchen was sure hot that night. Despite how small the restaurant is, it always buzzes with life. Be inside the kitchen, or among the many customers that decided to stop by.

"Is it ready Miyuki?!"

"Yes, sir!"

She showed the chef the small plate in hand and let him give it a taste himself. The small piece fell into his mouth and then he turned back to Miyuki.

"Mmm, cooking and good-looking as usual, Miyu." With a satisfied grin, he pointed to the table, and the teen quickly finished up the order before delivering it.

"Enjoy your meal."

"Thank you, young lady." Bowed the elderly woman respectfully before she pulled the chopsticks apart and dug in. "My, how delicious! You got a talented one there, Mr. Yukimura."

Mr Yukimura clapped Miyuki on the back with a booming laugh.

"She sure is incredible. Well, next to my daughter of course."

Miyuki winced a little at the unexpected impact but didn't lament. After all, Keiko's father was just being friendly and fatherly towards her as usual.

"Miyuki, could you help me with the dumplings please?" His wife called and Miyuki rushed back in.

*~~*~~*

"What a riot this day was." Mrs. Yukimura said.

"You can say that again, honey." Her husband agreed. "It's a good thing our little helper gave a hand, right Miyu?"

"Hn."

Miyuki just swiped the tables clean in peace. The couple shook their heads with a tiny smile before they continued with their own cleaning.

"Say Miyuki, would you like to take your pay today, or give it to Keiko for keepsakes?"

"Give it to Keiko sir. I don't want my mother to find it by accident."

The man nodded and placed the cash into an envelope.

A loud growling came from where Miyuki stood and in an instant her ears turned pink again, and even her cheeks earned a bit of color for once.