𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙩, 𝙇𝙖𝙣𝙖?

PERCY

PERCY

"PLEASE BE SURE TO HAVE A FIRM grasp on the inner workings of the monsters we have discussed." The satyr announced from the front of the classroom.

Well, it wasn't really much of a classroom. It wasn't much of a room either. It was actually a small clearing in the woods with large lush trees and small berry bushes.

Students used flattened rocks in place of a desk and sat on a small throw pillow on the ground as an act of cushion.

"We will also be holding a class discussion on the intricate concepts of Homer's literary work next class. Class dismissed."

Everyone stood from their throw pillows, rubbing their now sore butts before gathering their things and heading back towards camp.

"I didn't realize that I would still have to actually learn things here." Percy complained to his camp counselor.

Luke chuckled from beside him. "Well, how else did you expect us to learn about how to kill these monsters? "

"I thought we would learn through actually, you know, practicing fighting with a sword and fake killing one another. Not learn about the monster's anatomy."

"Don't be hating camp now. You were just saying how you were seeing yourself enjoying your time here last night." Luke said, giving him a light shove.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." Percy grumbled.

As he looked ahead, his eyes caught onto Lana. She was standing with a couple of other girls he had recognized from the Hermes cabin.

He hadn't spoken to her, not after what had happened at dinner last night. He didn't know what to do. This was the first time a girl was ever upset with him.  The only woman in his life was his mom, but even then she could never stay mad at him for longer than five minutes.

Luke noticed where Percy was looking and sighed. "We both know Lana is very hard-headed and exactly the type of person who would hold a grudge for the rest of their life."

"No kidding." Percy uttered.

"That reminds me of this one time I ate her favorite chocolate without telling her a few years back and she got so mad at me."

Percy scoffed. "All because you ate her chocolate?"

"Hey, she becomes very territorial over things she loves. Be thankful you're learning this now and not in the same way I had to."

Percy nodded, his eyes wide. "Noted."

Luke continued with his earlier story. "I had no idea that that chocolate was the last one at the camp store and I couldn't buy her another one until the next shipment came in, which wasn't gonna be for a couple of weeks. In those weeks, it was like I was invisible to her. She wouldn't look at me, talk to me, or even duel with me. I knew I really fucked up. When the camp store finally restocked, I bought a whole box for her in hopes that she would finally forgive me."