Ch. 8

"Draco?" Hermione stared at him in shock. "What are you doing here?"

The blond stepped into the box with a grin and a shrug. "I thought I'd come and support my girlfriend while she supports her best friend. You know, normal significant other things."

Hermione continued to stare at him but Draco's attention had turned to Harry. "Hello, Potter."

"Malfoy," Harry replied with a nod, a grin tugging at the edges of his mouth. "I see you've brought a gift."

"Wouldn't be a good guest if I didn't," Draco grinned, pulling the champagne bottle out from underneath his arm and offering it to Harry. "Gifts also usually help when gate crashing."

Harry laughed as he accepted the bottle while Hermione stumbled over what to say. Draco seemed to notice this, giving her a smug look as he sat down next to her and leaned back.

"So," He started. "The Prophet caught our little date last night. Or at least the tail-end of it."

This made Hermione smile as she said, "That they did; front page too."

Draco nodded at this, flashing his teeth as he grinned. "Was a rather nice photo, if I do say so myself."

She laughed then and nodded, looking towards the quidditch pitch. "I would have to agree, it was a nice photo."

The sound of the champagne cork popping was heard followed by a distant pained shout of, "What the--!"

"Sorry!" Harry called out sheepishly, quickly pouring the glasses and passing them to the other two.

"Did you hit someone with the cork?" Hermione asked with a laugh, grinning up at Harry as she took the glass he offered.

Harry scowled at her without answering, taking a drink from his glass as Draco chuckled next to her.

"They should keep it as a souvenir," Draco laughed as he took the glass that Harry offered. "Not many people can say that they've been hit with a cork popped by the famous Harry Potter."

"That's only if they know it was me," Harry shrugged as he sat down, taking a drink from his glass. He then looked over at Draco with a raised eyebrow and said, "So...this arrangement that you two have..."

Draco eyed Harry over the rim of his champagne glass as he took a drink. "What of it?"

"Not here, Harry," Hermione said warningly. "You never know who is listening."

Harry looked back to her and then nodded in understanding as Draco looked to Hermione with a small smile. The three of them sat in silence for only a moment before the crowd immediately began to cheer and yell around them, and they went to stand by the railing as the match started.

"I can honestly say I've never been to a Harpies match," Draco said lightly as he glanced to Hermione. "It seems like a good time so far."

"Oh, just wait," Hermione grinned at him. "The fans can be ruthless if there's even a perceived slight to the team, especially if Gwenog reacts to it."

Draco raised an eyebrow questioningly and Hermione explained, "Gwenog is the team's captain, and she is very hotheaded if she doesn't agree with a call."

"She's just hotheaded in general," Harry added.

"Fair," Hermione relented, tilting her head back and forth. "I still think she's a little full of herself though."

Harry laughed at that and Draco gave her a curious look. "You sound like you've met her."

"I have," Hermione said somewhat unhappily. "Sixth year at Slughorn's Christmas party."