IV.

Adrenalin is a strange feeling. It could make you feel many different things all at once. It is a hormone that we have built in us for potential threats. Like being attacked by an animal, perhaps.

You become more alert, your heart beats faster, your breathing is faster and so on. It could make you see things in slow-motion or, the opposite, you see things happen quicker.

Being a calm, nonchalant person has its benefits. Julia was a peaceful young woman. Always when she could she would just take a breath and feel her surroundings. It was something that would help her concentrate.

But in moments like these it was easy to loose focus.

Her heart was begging to beat faster and her breath quickened. But the difference was, that she didn't even notice it now. She was entirely focused on the scene that unfolded in-front of her.

She stood, with her bare-feet on the cold sand with Pope and JJ standing next to her.

Her brother has just entered a fight. And before she knew it, he was punched so hard in the face that he fell down onto the sand.

The people on the party started noticing that something was happening. The shouts of Sarah and Kiara to the boys didn't seem to affect them as they fought.

Julia wasn't quick to anger. Not at all, sometimes it even seemed impossible to affect her in a negative way. But when it came to those she cared about she would start becoming irritated way quicker.

Her eyes haven't left the scene as she was held back by Pope. He had his arms around her while standing behind her, next to the other Pogues. None of them even glanced away from the scene.

Suddenly she heard the boy say something to her brother. He was on the ground, with his hair and clothes wet from the cold sea water, while the boy stood next to him, looking down at him.

"Hey John B, don't make me drown you like your old man all right!" Julias expression was slowly turning into pure annoyance the longer she watched.

And she could tell John B even more so. As the boy turned around and was about to walk back to his girlfriend, John B quickly grabbed him and they both fell onto the ground, into the water.

Everyone had different reactions. The crowd was cheering and JJ was encouraging John B to continue with the fight. Kie and Pope were panicked, yelling out for the two to stop, while Julia was trying to slip out of Popes grasp.

And she could if she really wanted to, but she wasn't about to hurt him, and he knew she wouldn't lay a finger on him so he held her back.

John B was also yelling at the boy to continue the fight and neither of them were about to give up.

Julias hands held tightly onto Popes forearm as she watched with her back pressed against his chest. She was feeling a rush of emotions. She was panicked, worried and irritated. And she could feel a rush of panic move through her whole body as the fight got more intense and serious.

The boy got a good grip on John B and the both fell back onto the ground. And before Julias brother could react, the boy held his head under the water, not allowing him to take a breath.

"He's drowning him!" She could hear Pope yell to Kie behind her.

"Topper!"

"Topper stop!"

Julia was now so close to tearing herself from Pope and letting herself finish the job for her brother. And she was about to, but before she could, she saw JJ walk up to the boy and put a gun against the back of his head. The boy immediately freezed.