17

Astrid's P.O.V.

I look up I shock to see Toothless and Hiccup. Snotlout and the rest flew over to us. "Hiccup? What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Stopping you guys from doing something stupid." He said looking at the twins before returning his gaze to the rest of us. 

"Why does he look at us when he says that?" Tuff asked.

"Hiccup?" I cut them off. "You shouldn't be here."

"Neither should you!" Hiccup replied crossly, before taking a shallow breath. "I have to be here," He said. "I need to make sure my people are alright," he added before scanning us, finally taking notice of the mess we're in, minus the Screaming Death being on our tails. "I'm still concerned about what happens to you guys." 

I was about to say something when The Screaming Death distracted us, shooting out of the ground. Hiccup looked over. "Great.." He sighed. Toothless beat his wings, trying his best to stay up. "Astrid come with me." Hiccup told me.

"What about us?" Fishlegs asked.

"Distract the Whispering Death's. Astrid and I will try to chase off the Screaming Death." Hiccup told us.

He took off with Toothless as everyone else did what they were supposed to do. "So?" I ask as I caught up to Hiccup. "What's your plan?"

"Right now, it's not dying." He answered.

"I like that plan," I say to him. "But do you have anything else in mind?"

Hiccup thought for a moment, before pulling Toothless back. The Night Fury spread his wings wide before shotting back the other way full speed. "I wanna try and drive if away from Outcast Island, and keep it Further away from Berk." He told me as I pulled Stormfly back to catch up to the small black dragon.

"That plan is better." I agreed with him.

He looked at me, as he stopped around a rock. We hid behind it. The Screaming Death was close. "Got anything shiny?" He asked.

"Shiny?"

"It likes Shiny Things, remember?"

"Oh yeah..." I answer. I look down. "I've got my Axe."

He took it from me, just as the rocks in front of us crumbled. The Screaming Death burst through the rocks. I turn to see Hiccup already gone. I flew away from the flying rocks then spotted Hiccup far away. The Screaming Death was following him.

I look to the others, to see them doing fine... Actually better than Hiccup and I. I caught up to Hiccup, then dived to catch him. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Using his size against him." Hiccup told me. 

"And how's that working?"

"Not so good." He told me. Hiccup pulls Toothless into a right turn, that I couldn't seem to follow instantly. "Try and make it Mad, Toothless!" Hiccup told the Night Fury, as Toothless suddenly plummeted, gaining tremendous speed. The wind buffets them as they target the Screaming Death. Toothless unloads a fireball against the Screaming Death's head. It Screeches turning to us. Hiccup looks back as they put distance between them. "Do you think that did it?" Hiccup asked Toothless curious.

Hiccup and Toothless dive into the tangled sea stacks-- they weave through the rock like rabbits through a briar. The Screaming Death snaps at them, but cannot reach them. Hiccup and Toothless pull ahead. The Screaming Death smashes through the canopy of rock and pulls in behind Toothless. He bursts through fifty-foot formations like they were saplings.

A moment later the Screaming Death smashes the sea stacks to dust in hot pursuit. Hiccup and Toothless can't slow the dragon down. Hiccup eyes the clouds above, and I knew a new idea hits his mind. He locks eyes with Toothless.

"Hiccup!" I call. "What are you doing?"

"Not dying!"

I groan madly, following him up. "That's not a good plan." I sighed.

The Screaming Death follows him, closing in fast. They narrowly dodge a column of flame and smoke. They reach the low-hanging clouds and pierce them. It roars irritably. From out of nowhere, Toothless dives at the huge dragon, blasting and puncturing a hole in its wing. 

Toothless and Hiccup are gone again before the dragon can get a shot at them. Toothless dives in, again and again, using the clouds to hide and as they puncture the Dragons wings. It bellows in frustration and whirls around, unleashing fire blindly, in all directions. It comes for Stormfly and I. Hiccup sees the glow of fire cutting towards us.

"Watch out!" Hiccup yelled as Stormfly was shoved by Toothless. The blast clips Toothless' tail. It's heavily damaged... Not this again. Hiccup looked back at the artificial tail. "Not again.."

I watch him dive down. The fire following him. "Okay... Okay, time's up. Let's see if this works! This has to work!" Hiccup almost sounded desperate.  He pulls Toothless into a turn. They fly directly into the Screaming Deaths face, taunting it. "Come on! Is that the best you can do!?" Hiccup yelled an insult to the dragon.

Toothless utters an insult too, and they jackknife into a steep dive. Toothless pumps his wings, racing faster than he's ever gone before. Hiccup and Toothless stay just ahead of the Screaming Death-- no longer trying to evade it. I watched as Hiccup glances back to check the tail-- it's disintegrating fast.

"Stay with me, buddy. We're good. Just a little bit longer."

The Screaming Death closes the gap. Hiccup tucks in and holds Toothless steady-- allowing the Dragon to set its sights on them. It narrows its eyes. "Hold, Toothless!"

"Hold,"

I suddenly see what's happening. Hiccup was coming in too hot. "Hiccup!" I yell. He didn't turn. He looked over The Screaming Death opens his mouth. The familiar gas hiss emanates from his throat- ignition is coming. They pivot in place, hurtling directly into the Screaming Death's mouth. Hiccup and Toothless burst from the clouds, the Screaming Death hot on their tail, exploding from within.

Hiccup was close to the ground now, but he couldn't control it. The Dragon glances forward and sees the ground rushing up. It throws open its wings, attempting to put on the brakes, but the punctured, damaged wings can't stop its momentum. The Screaming Death hits the ground, head-first. It explodes like the Hindenburg. "Hiccup!" I call suddenly realizing something.

"Astrid!" Fishlegs called. Everyone caught up to Snotlout and I looking at the burning wreckage. "What happened?" Fishlegs asked.

"Hiccup... Was in that explosion."