V.A. Chapter 3

Woohoo an upload *gasp*. Who would of guessed? I'd go into detail about why I haven't uploaded in a while, but to be perfectly honest, I'm pretty sure no one out there cares (muahahahahaha its random crap anyway ^.^). You all just wanna get to the story, so there's hardly any point in typing it. So, enjoy.

~~~Chapter 3~~~

*Raven's POV*

Serenity was black. It was the ice-cold numbness of unconsciousness. The Darkness surrounded me, enveloping me in its peaceful embrace. I felt nothing. My whole essence was cool, comfortable. I was unaware of everything and anything. My location mattered not. As nothing did in this time.

I was content, I felt whole, perfect even. It was like floating. Floating on a cloud, or laying on a pile of soft cotton. A warm, fuzzy feeling flooded throughout my entire body. It tingled, from the tips of my fingers to the tips of my toes. If tranquility was tangible, then I was shrouded in it.

But, even in what we call 'perfection' there is always one teeny, tiny flaw. Even if the said flaw is miniscule, it still exists. And that flaw took to the form of, a sort of, nagging suspicion, something I couldn't rid myself of. It was present, out of reach, but still able to be sensed. But as my mind started to focus in on it, its shape began to grow, and become much clearer.

I didn't want to think about it/ It was an intuder, messing up my perfect atmosphere. I tried to let it go, to wipe its existence away, permanently. It wouldn't leave. Nope. No matter how hard I tried to vanquish it, concentrate on something else, or to just hone a blank mind, it remained, indifferent.

In that way, at least, I suppose it was kinda like me. Stubborn, unmoving, unflinching. But seriously, why the hell couldn't it just freaking leave me alone. I was fine without it.

But, just like me, it was relentless. Oddly, I keep referencing myself to...uh, it, which is really weird, since it is a part of my mind......Confusing much? I think so.

I sighed inwardly. In my mental state, I decided to just go against my better judgements and give in to this annoying, pestering, thing. Hehe, bad decision. Very, very bad decision.

As soon as that mental thought of surrendering crossed my mind, I was flooded with emotions. This highly contrasted with the previously dormant feelings and impulses. Well, dormant for the most part.

All my senses returned to me in an instant. It was...awkward. I didn't even realize they were gone till, well till I got them back. With the emotions came a sharp feeling of deja-vu, did something like this happen before....? Hmmm.....can't remember..

My body, only moments before, was numb. The only comparable thing to it is the feeling of being in a coma. I had felt nothing. Thought, well for the most part, nothing.

Been...nothing.

Now, my god-damned senses had returned, and, judging by what I was now feeling, they must have been pretty pissed off.  Big time.  Wow, how sad, I'm giving emotions and thoughts to intangible things.  What the hell....

I felt...well now that I actually thought about it..---OWW OW OWW OWWW.  I felt like I was on fire.  Ok, well not literally, but freaking close enough.  It was agonizing, and I screamed out, sharp and piercing.

"AHHHHHHHRGH!"  ouch,  I didn't realize how high-pitched of a yell I had.  I think I popped an eardrum. 

Wince.

I screamed aloud again as another wave of instable mental flames hit me, not even bothering to pay attention to the voices I heard and the rustling noises around me.  I only tuned in, slightly, when one voice shouted above the din.