🌹

"Imma leave the light on."

"What is this? A foreign invasion?"

"She's got a club!"

"There are three types of intelligence. Street smarts & common sense, Education, and then Wisdom. Tetsu has none of those."

"If I die, remember...Cobra needs his warm milk at 8 sharp."

"I'm a quiet man, I won't deny that. But if I didn't have feelings for you, I wouldn't be chasing you around,  making sure those mighty warrior pieces of shit don't harass you!"

"Nothing I could say could help you understand this life."

I was intrigued by the place as soon as I arrived, but I was smug also. I can't imagine how shocked my friends would be if they knew I had moved to such a...controversial place. Hell, my dad thinks I'm staying in a nice area at least. SWORD territories was a crappy and dangerous place to live at the worst of times and apparently the best place in the entire world also.

I grew up in Tokyo, with my father, the American ambassador to Japan.

And being the daughter of a known politician, high standards were thrust upon me.

Growing up between the two places was stressful, and finally, after a mental breakdown dealing with the pressures of my teen and young adult years combined, I decided to take a year off. A gap year if you will.

I didn't want to travel.

I wanted to do nothing. Just exist.

And feel.

My father, who is currently just a representative with a good embassy job, didn't oppose to the idea. With his promotion coming, I'd be selfish to stay with him. He needed to focus on his work & I couldn't be a nuisance to him any longer.

I'd live of daddy's money for a year instead. He wouldn't miss it.

I would feel guilty, that's if he had an ounce of time for me.

I guess though, if a break is needed, it wouldn't hurt trying out a new hobby. Or meeting new people.

Besides, nobody knows where I am. This could be a fresh start.

And that stoic, blonde boy who works at that gas station is pretty cute.