𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫, 𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬!

as the group stumbled upon the "NO TRESPASSING KEEP OUT" sign, they couldn't help but notice the warning enforced by milo pressman, who was the junkman and owner of the fearsome dog chopper. 

chopper was the most feared and least seen dog in all of castle rock. he had a reputation for being trained to target specific parts of the human anatomy. legend has it that milo would command, "chopper, sick balls!" which would strike fear into the hearts of local kids. 

today was a fortunate day to be a girl, caroline thought. but during this time, luckily, neither the junkman or the dog were anywhere in sight.

at the chain-link fence, gordie and vern had their hands on it, peering through the holes. chris, caroline, and teddy observed from behind. 

jokingly, gordie remarked, "hey vern, looks like your ma's been out drivin' again."

vern replied, "ah, that's so funny i forgot to laugh."

teddy mimicked gun noises with his mouth and declared, "stand back, men! paratroops over the side!" as he flung his sleeping bag over.

everyone followed suit, tossing their bags over the fence.

eager, teddy and vern jumped over first, with gordie following. chris then assisted caroline over the fence, ensuring she made it safely before jumping over himself.

as they grabbed their stuff and raced past the beat-up cars in the lot, teddy hollered, "come on men and a woman! move it!"

gordie remarked, "teddy's crazy."

after exploring the lot and touching things they probably shouldn't, the gang gathered under some shade. they sat down together and tried throwing rocks into a small, dirty can. each rock made a distinctive noise upon hitting.

while teddy tossed rocks into the can, he asked if everyone had been watching the mickey mouse club lately. confirming they had, teddy claimed he thought annette's tits were getting bigger.

chris asked, "think so?" to which teddy confidently replied, "yeah, i think so."

gordie chimed in, "yeah. i think he's right. i've been noticing lately that the 'a' and the 'e' are beginning to bend around the sides."

laughter erupted from everyone.

rolling her eyes, caroline said, "you guys are gross," but a smile betrayed her words.

teddy cheekily responded, "yeah, but you still love us anyway."

after their boyish banter, vern stated, "this is really a good time."

"the most."

"a blast." 

then, all four boys took swigs from the canteens and attempted to shoot water at the can from their mouths. caroline observed, choosing not to participate. chris noticed and playfully aimed water at caroline's face, hitting his mark perfectly. laughter erupted as caroline wiped her face, sporting a big smile and joking about the warmth.

taking the cue, teddy swigged water into his mouth and aimed it at vern.

getting wet and slightly annoyed, vern said, "great, spit at the fat kid. real good."

he shook his head and changed the subject, asking gordie for the time.

the boy in the red-striped shirt checked the time on a small watch he pulled from his pocket.

"um, it's a quarter after one," replied gordie.

vern looked around and mentioned, "we better go get the food. the junkyard opens at three. chopper will be here."