The decision

A few days later, I am sitting behind a bush in the forest. My gaze is on a deer grazing near a small lake, which makes me lick my lips because I am so hungry. Carlisle is working today at the hospital, and I quit to become a stay-at-home mom even though none of the children are home right now and talking about the teenagers of the household. They are at school, so I am alone for once, making a playful smirk cross my white lips as the deer looks up. It senses I'm here, but he doesn't know where exactly I am, which is fun to watch. Its ears then move, and then, without a second thought, the deer takes off at a run away from me. I climb up a tree gracefully and jump through the tree tops after the pathetic animal; I then jump from the position I am to pouch on the creature, digging my fangs into its neck and making the deer fall to the ground whimpering out as I crouch next to it and drink the blood with big gulps feeling the liquid enter my mouth, even though it tastes terrible I will not touch human blood knowing that if I do, I will never be able to turn back to animals, so being a vampire has its perks like being fast or having looks of a goddess, and I also have some gifts like communicating to animals and hearing and seeing people from far away. 

Still, there are some negatives. I have a thirst for drinking human blood. I can never go back to work with the children that I miss so much, which hurts sometimes, but other times, I am just happy to be near Carlisle; once the last of the blood touches my throat, I lean back, wiping my mouth on my sleeve to look up into the sky smiling small. I turn to run through the trees after my feeding back to the house when I hear that the others are back from school, which makes me smirk because let's play a game on the teenagers in the house; stopping, I climb the tree near the home. Then I jump onto the house, making me walk on the cool metal of the roof that feels nice underfoot, "where's mum?" I hear Emmett say, making me chuckle as I lay on the rooftop feeling the sun hit my pale skin, letting off crystal lights which have me hold up a hand, letting the sun dance on my hand, letting off the rainbows, "Abigail" I heard Carlisle call which makes me lean on my elbows, Carlisle's home, I get up and run off the roof making me jump gracefully and landing on the ground with ease in a couch position. I swish my hair back as I stand up. Turning around, I see Carlisle leaning against the door frame that leads out here, which makes me smile at him with love in my red eyes that he is home.

I walk past him, but he catches my arm suddenly, making him push me against the door frame, connecting our lips in a war of domination. Then I hear the children come, which makes me smirk into the kiss as I wrap my arms around Carlisle's neck, "the kids are coming, Carlisle," I whisper to him. At the same time, we pull back as he looks at me with a smile and then rests his head on mine, which makes me smile as well because I love my other half, who is always on my side, "we can come back later" I heard Emmett say making me look over at him to notice the others are there which makes me giggle because I love my family so much that are constantly coming in. Bella then comes in a while holding Edwards arm making Carlisle smile and hold me to his side with his hand on my waist while I tilt my head at him then turn my eyes to my sister to watch her closely which makes me sigh not liking this at all because I know that we will have to discuss her changing which never pleases me when it comes to the pain that I have to live with. 

That night, we are in the room where we celebrated Bella's birthday with me standing next to Carlisle; he still has a hold on my waist, so I rest my hand on his chest while watching my sister closely with my red eyes, "You all know what I want. And I know how much I'm asking for. The only thing I can think of... for......it to be fair is to just vote." Bella says, making me step out of Carlisle's arms and stare at my sister, knowing that she wants this, but can I live with myself if she goes through the pain, "You don't know what you just..." Edward starts to say, making me eye my sister closely and her boyfriend, who is nearby her, "Just... shut up!" Bella cuts him off while Carlisle threads his arm around my waist again, but I don't leave my sister's eyes.

I know my sister more than anyone in my life, "Alice?" Bella says to my daughter, making me watch Alice closely as she goes to Bella and hugs her. They then step down as I smile at them, "I already consider you my sister. Yes!" Alice says, making me cross my arms over my chest. If I think of it hard, Bella needs this because I could never live without Carlisle, so Bella needs to stay with Edward, "I vote yes. It would be nice to not wanna kill you all the time." Jasper says, making me bite my lip, trying to think what to say to my sister because being a vampire isn't all fun. It hurts you mentally, and the need for blood never leaves you while you are alive. I can never have children, which hurts a little that there will be no little ones in my life, "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, both of you, for the way I've acted. And I'm really grateful......that you were brave enough to go and save my brother. But this isn't a life I would have chosen for myself. And I wish that there had been someone to vote no for me. So... no." Rosalie says, making me look at Edward, who looks pained, making me look down, knowing that he would never give Bella this life, "I vote hell yeah!" Emmett says while spinning my sister around in a hug, making a sad smile come onto my features as I watch them interact. 

"We can pick a fight with these Volturi's some other way." Emmett points out when he puts my sister down, making me look down, but then I look over at Bella when she looks at me, which makes me gulp in as I need to think my words through, "Bella, do you want this?" I ask my sister while looking into her chocolate brown eyes that I once had, "yes" Bella answers me, which makes me sigh and then step forward, hugging my little sister tightly but not so tight that I hurt her, "you decide on my answer because I can not be there to change your life you are my sister and I want you to be happy, so just go and think of what I've said and then think of how it will change you as a person" I whisper to her and then pull away with a slight smile on my white lips, I place a hand on my sister's cheek while the others are looking at us with wonder on what I said. Still, Carlisle steps forward, making me watch him when I let go of her cheek, "Why are you doing this to me?" Edward asks, making me look at him with a sorry look, knowing that he doesn't want to live without my little sister, but we do not want to lose Edward, "You know what this means. You've chosen not to live without her, ...which leaves me no choice. I won't lose my son." Carlisle says, making me stay by my little sister, who was watching Carlisle closely.

Bella stayed at our place that night with me, watching the trees in the distance as I brushed my hair away from my face, "you know not to sneak up on me, Bella," I say while turning around to see Bella there near my door which makes me smile at her sadly as I lick my lips controlling the need of wanting to drink the blood in her system, "are you sure you want to become like us Bella?" I ask her as I turn back to the window, watching as it begins to rain as the drops of rain come to the ground, "more than anything", she tells me. At the same time, I hear her stand next to me as I breathe in, clenching my fists together at her choice, "Bella, you are giving away your life to live it like mine; I chose this for my love, Bella because living without Carlisle is like killing your soul within" I say with my mood becoming stiff to manage. I turn to face my sister with my red eyes, never moving away from her face, "I am doing it for Edward", she answers with a hiss, which makes me giggle a little. She thinks like a stubborn child, "And you love him?" I ask her while tilting my head, which makes some of my hair brush my shoulder, "I love him like you love Carlisle", Bella tells me, making me nod and then turn back to the window as I watch the rain pouring down on the ground, "good answer" I mumble making me chuckle because she will be like us soon when she is married, I know of it because Edward discussed with me about it. It's a perfect idea because they would be married.

Edited: 20/1/24