Meeting

"Gina! Over here!" Kaitlyn waves to get her friends' attention. Kaitlyn had invited Gina over for a coffee. It's been weeks since they last saw each other, her friend being busy with college and work so when she saw Gina, she couldn't hold back her excitement. She really did miss her most precious and only friend. Both hugging each other.

"It's so good to see you again Katie, how have you been? I'm so sorry for not meeting sooner, school and work has been overwhelming lately"
Kaitlyn agreed. "Don't remind me about it, I graduated last year and it was hectic. The only thing that I loved about it was meeting you.

Both girls met during class in college, Kaitlyn being in her last year and Gina barely entering college. Kaitlyn graduated with a degree in Nursing but she never used her skills instead helped his uncle's business on the side, Gina didn't need to know that she didn't want to worry her friend more than she is.

"Enough about college, tell me how's your uncle doing? Are you doing alright? Are you safe?" Gina said worried about Kaitlyn.
"You know how this is Gina but it's nothing to worry about I promise I'm safe, you know how my uncle is about this"

Kaitlyn's uncle was none other than Frank Lopez. He's taken care of her since she was a baby. She was told that her parents were drug addicts on the streets and he saved her from that life. Frank is all Kaitlyn has as family, since he has no kids he's always wanted her to take care of business if he's ever not around anymore, it's risky but he doesn't trust anyone other than her, not even his men.

Gina knows about her life except Gina's mom, Kaitlyn can't bare for Mrs. Montana to know about her living conditions. They both treat each other as family, she was fond of Gina's mother as was her of Kaitlyn, like the mother she never had. Something her uncle doesn't know about this. She would always help both women in any way she can even when it comes to money. Mrs. Montana was reluctant whenever she got money offered by her, but Kaitlyn's word was final and Mrs Montana couldn't make her change her mind but to accept it. Only thing she worries about is Georgina insults towards her older son who isn't really in the picture, doesn't know his name either but on the looks of it Georgina has love/hate feelings towards him.

"Mom has been asking a lot about you, saying how you haven't been to the place in a while, you know how she goes on about it, nagging me all the time to bring you more, she misses your baking, she's a different person the moment your in the same room as her." 

Kaitlyn couldn't help but smile, she really was fond of Mrs Montana. "Tell her I will be calling her sometime soon, I will bring her something special. She has to accept Gina. I won't take no for an answer, tell her that. She giggled and sipped her coffee. Although she hasn't baked in a while due to her uncle's business, she couldn't say no to Gina's mom.

 "I have to get going Katie, I promised mom to get home earlier, I will tell her of our meeting today, she will be delighted." Both girls said their goodbyes and went on about their way.

Katie wasn't a fancy person sure she enjoyed the luxurious life her uncle has provided her and for her hard work but deep down she enjoyed the simple things. She didn't need to eat at the most expensive and fanciest restaurants, she didn't need expensive cars, clothes or houses. She was happy with anything coming her way and she was very grateful for it.

"I should check that place out in front of Little Havana, I could use an ice cream right now"

"Coño, fuck!" Tony exclaimed, angry at his situation.
"What's wrong man, que pasa man?" Manny asked.
"Your big shot friend better come up with something soon. I didn't come to the U.S. To break my fucking back."
"Hey he's coming! What do you want from me? I told you" Manny exasperated Tony.
"Fuck!" Tony didn't like this at all, he didn't come to this shitty place to work his ass off for this, after everything that happened back in Cuba, this is something he didn't imagine to be in.

No customers in sight, both men decided to take a break and watched from afar the luxurious restaurant, envious of their situations.
"Look at that punk with her. What's he got that I don't have?" Tony watched how the man across the street had his hands all over the lady he came with.
"Well, he's very handsome, for one thing, you know?" Manny laughed while drinking from the cup he was holding.

"I think he's very handsome himself, can I please get an ice cream and a cuban sandwich please?" Kaitlyn said without turning to the men in front of her, too busy looking for her wallet not noticing their intense stares into her. She was definitely beautiful, with the most suave voice they ever heard. They've never seen her before and judging by the dress she was wearing and accessories they both knew she was of high class. So why was someone like her in a place like this ordering food from here and not like the place across the street from them? Manny definitely had the hots for her forgetting all about the girls he was checking out before she arrived, looking back to Tony, he was infatuated with the girl in front of him. A look Manny has never seen before from Tony, chuckling, this was his queue to back off, the girl was already taken by the looks from his friend.

"Coming right up sweetheart" Manny busied himself, leaving them both alone.
"You're not from around here are you? My name's Kaitlyn, pleased to meet you both" Smiling, she looked at Tony, he was indeed handsome, Manny of course was too but her attention was with Tony.

"Cuba we just recently got here, Tony Montana at your service princess"
Kaitlyn blushed and smiled shyly. From then on everything was a bliss for both of them.