Prologue

...................................

................................

A young woman in her twenties was looking up at the clocktower in awe and interest. The woman was pale and thin, her dark hair went off to the right side in beautiful curls that seemed unnatural for a normal woman to posses. She had thin baby pink lips and wore a huge white blouse that hugged her petite frame tightly, wet from the rain that poured down from the sky. She also wore dark blue trousers that reached her knees, a pair of black socks met the trousers there and went down to a pair of dark dress shoes. The woman's left arm was mechanical instead of organic, starting halfway down the bicep. In her right had was a simple saber, curved and elegant like it's wielder. Upon the woman's waist was a small bag and a tiny lantern that glowed green, illuminating the darkness around her.

"So this is the place we'll find him?"

A voice came from the lantern on the woman's waist. It was a mechanical being known as Gemini who served as the woman's guide and source of light, one she was grateful to have. She had awoken to find the City of Krat in ruin and decay as the mechanical servants known as Puppets suddenly lashed out at their human masters, killing them without hesitation. So the woman was cautious about any area she ventured into. She checked the stone railings for any of the puppets that wished to do her harm, but only saw destroyed puppets scattered about, old and rusted with age. So she moved towards the door, walking up some stairs before going to knock on the door. The door was wooden and must've been assaulted by puppets before since there were dents and shards of broken wood. She stood back after knocking and waited for someone to answer, looking up at the two statues of angels on either side of the door, lanterns in their hands. The woman watched as the door slowly opened, a long drawn out creak came from the hinges and allowed the woman inside. The woman walked inside before the door suddenly closed behind her, making her look over her shoulder only too see no one there.

"Oh, well that's not good."

Gemini chuckled as he tried making light of the situation. The woman rolled her eyes before observing the room before her. Dark with little to no light, and a staircase that spiraled upwards. A small chalk sign on the ground read 'Research hall'. The woman walked towards the staircase, walking through a puddle of water. She came to a stop when she heard footsteps coming down the stairs. The woman readied herself incase it was another puppet, tightening her grip on the blade as she watched the newcomer come down the stairs. When the person finally reached the bottom of the stairs, The woman lowered her weapon.

"Who are you?"

Upon the stairs stood a rather sickly pale girl, smaller than the woman. She had long, ruffled black hair that reached her shoulders and emerald green eyes, dark bags under her eyes showed she was sleep deprived. Her form was petite, wearing a tight dress decorated in black and white stripes with an apron over the front. She wore a black skirt that stopped above her knees and like the woman she had black stockings on her legs that disappeared into a pair of two buckle shoes. In the girl's hand was a stitched together rabbit that was dirty.