Act 7 | Bless Your Little Half-Dead Heart

Bless Your Little Half-Dead Heart - Part 2/2

The sunbeams make their way through the delicate curtain, waking me from my restless night's sleep. A soft sigh escapes me as I open my eyes and welcome the glaring daylight. Barely have I sat up when a gentle knock on my door interrupts me, and I ask in my still sleepy voice "Who's there?"

The other voice humbly responds "Forgive the disturbance, my lady. I've brought you breakfast and apple juice." The wooden door opens cautiously, and a servant enters the room. Her gaze meets mine for a moment before quickly lowering it, as if it's dangerous to look me in the face. She approaches quietly, carrying a tray in her hands.

The enchanted servants are specialized in maintaining order during the daytime while the vampires sleep. My parents, who also have some vampire spawns under their command, employ such human servants to ensure that the household runs smoothly even when the family itself is at rest. I accept the tray and nod to the servant, who quickly leaves the room without saying a word.

I enjoy the exquisite breakfast on my terrace as the sun slowly spreads its warmth. Fresh fruits, delicate pastries, and a glass of apple juice make up my morning meal. The morning air is refreshing, and the scent of flowers surrounds me.

After eating, I retire to my room to prepare for the day. I choose an elegant black dress from my wardrobe and let it glide over my skin. My fingers trail over the fabric as I adjust it to fit.

I deepen my gaze in the mirror, emphasizing my distinctive features with bold eyeshadow. Silver jewelry gleams on my fingers and pointed ears. My unmistakable accessory, which must never be absent, is the black velvet ribbon around my neck. A sparkling obsidian star, adorned with diamonds, adorns the ribbon, lending a mysterious elegance to my appearance.

I look at the overall picture with satisfaction before rising and making my way through the shadowy corridors of my parents' estate.

The massive doors of the library open with a faint, haunting creak

The massive doors of the library open with a faint, haunting creak. Upon entering, my view is filled with endless shelves stacked to the ceiling with ancient books. A faint, bluish glow illuminates the space, emanating from enchanted orbs floating on the walls.

The books in this collection hail from times long forgotten by most beings. Stories of kingdoms that flourished and faded, of wizards unlocking their powers, and of secrets lingering in the shadows of history. These writings have been gathered over millennia by my father, an undead being who has witnessed civilizations rise and fall.

The chronicles of his existence are recorded in the pages of these books, and I wonder how many memories he has preserved from the inception of Waterdeep. The thought that he has witnessed the beginnings of my homeland evokes a strange mix of awe and bitterness in me.

With a gentle wave of my hand, I let my magic flow to part the heavy velvet curtains. The soft rustling fills the room as I make my way to one of the ancient desks, where dusty books are scattered.