NEW BEGINNING'S

NINA'S POV:

NINA'S POV:

I HELD My breath as we snuck past my drunk dad who was halfway on the couch sleep "okay once we get outside, I want y'all to get in the car and Kennie I want you to start the car and I want y'all to get in and wait for me, M'Kay?" My mama said opening the door looking back at us "but, what if you dont make it out?" My sister Meline said looking at my mom with tears in her eyes.

"Then I want Kennie to run in with the bat that's in the backseat and come help, but I'll be back with Sid" My mama said talking about our little brother "now go" she said ushering us out the door.

-------------------------

it has been five minutes since our mama sent us to the car "Ima go inside stay here no matter what you hear" My older Brother Kennie said looking at us with a stern face. "okay" my sister said while I just nodded my head to scared to speak. My brother got out the car grabbing the bat walking inside the house "it's going to be alright firefly" My sister said calling me the Nickname I had since I was three while pulling me into a warm hug. 

My brother and mom came out with my brother Sid in my mother's arms, they ran to the car and got in my mama gave Sid to Kennie Who gave him to Meline who put him in his car seat which was in between us. My mama started the car and started driving "so where we going to mom?" Kennie asked trying to start a conversation after Eight minutes of silence "uh- I don't know yet but wherever we go it's going to be safe."

"We trust you mama" I said looking at her through the rear-view mirror, she smiled at us with slight tears in her eyes "you guys don't know how much I love y'all." She said sniffling a little bit "nah, I don't think you know how much we love you" Kennie said looking at her giving her a kiss on the cheek.

She laughed slightly y'all want to stop at McDonald's to get something to eat?" She said looking at us with slight hope "Heck yeah" Meline said looking at our mom with a happy look, we all laughed, and my mom pulled up at McDonald's.

---------------------------------------------------

"Kennie, check and see how much money we have left" My mama said looking at the road handing Kennie her wallet since he was in the passenger seat "um- we have $4,906.67 left" he said looking at her with a smile on his face, and my mama smiled with relief "so mama you know where we going now?" Meline asked looking at my mama with confusion.

She looked at us with a smile, "well we are headed to Florida" My mom looked at all of us knowing we dreamed of heading to Florida. "No fuc- freaking way" Kennie said looking at my mom with wide eyes while me and Meline squealed and started dancing with each other.  

My mom saw a electronic store and pulled up there "okay Kennie lock the doors when I get out and if Sid starts crying before I come back his damper is in the back." she said smiling at us before she got out the car and Kennie locked the doors "Ken Ken, Mama left her wallet" I said looking at it in the cup holder.