The Visions

I trembled from the on flow of emotions and information. My eyes blurred as they focused on nothing and everything at the same time, every grain of wood in the door frame, but not the people in front of me.

I could hear the murmur of both of their voices trying to get through to me but i was too busy trying to control myself and not run off to London at that second. My hands shook, the pot slipping in slow motions from my finger; the pot fell, picking up speed until it clattered quietly to the ground, spilling its contents across the cool tiles of the floor.

I fell to my knees in that moment, my hands landing in the hot mince but i didn’t even blink at the pain it should have caused me. My head throbbed and i called out for my dad, scared for what i knew would come next.

Both Alex and dad dropped to their knees next to me, sensing that i would need them as the red filled my vision.

-----------------------------------------------------

Part of being one of a kind is that you experience things that others would not, for example, at the moment, a vision. I have gotten them my whole life, mostly when i have too much on my mind or something shocks me badly. Lots of different reasons really. Each one was different, and always caused me pain, whether they are good or bad. I got the visions from the witch part of my heritage. My Mother was Part witch and part shifter. They are quite common in comparison to vampire cross witches. I get the benefits of all three but some of the disadvantages are heightened. Like the visions. I don't need blood but i do like rare steak. I can run fast and i have fast reactions but i can’t stay still, i always have to be doing something, that’s why i was home schooled by a tutor. I can only perform elemental magic and a few other spells but nothing more. And i burn easily so i have a constant supply of SPF 50 on me.

---------------------------------------------------

My dad rubbed circles on my back whilst telling Alex to fetch a towel, but Alex had already gone. Dad whispered soothing words in my ears as my back arched in pain. Alex ran back into the room with the black towels in his arms and dropped to his knees near me, skidding to a halt and falling onto his back with a groan. I managed a soft giggle which ended in a groan as my dad scoffed at him and took the towels. My eyes stung as they completely filled with red, blocking my vision off. I felt the fabric against my face as the blood overflowed and my vision went blank.

I sobbed as my body began to burn from the inside out, fire in my limbs. My hand went out on its own, searching for a soothing touch as my hearing went. The warm hand of Alex met my frantic hand and i gripped on tightly with the last of my strength.

my body shook with my blood filled sobs as the fire started to dwindle and my body went stiff, paralyzing me in my hunched over position on the kitchen floor. Then nothing.

Every sense went blank like i was floating in a black abyss. No temperature. No sound. No sight. No sound.

Slowly i felt a breeze, soft at first but slowly getting stronger until i felt like i was onto of a skyscraper.

The sound of traffic came to me from below my feet. The chatter of a hundred people going about their daily life. Having one sided conversations as they spoke into their phones.

Smell. The thick stench of pollution hit me full on. An underline of different foods and plants lining the smell, only making it worst.

I realized then that i was in a city, and i probably could be on the top of a skyscraper. I remember why i was having the visions. Two of my best friends were dead. Killed. In London. That must mean that i go to London because I’m sure that i am surrounded by England’s capital.

Light hit me. A dull gray growing brighter and brighter; causing me to squint against the sun lit glow of the white clouds. I blinked, adjusting to the glow and movement around me. I was standing on a rooftop of a tall building in the center of London. I could see all the familiar sights around me. In the distance i could hear big ben strike, telling me that it was 3 o'clock.

Footsteps behind me approached and i turned to see a guy around my age approach, i wanted to step back or get into a fighting stance, but i was not in control of my body at the moment. The guy was just over 6'1" tall and was quite lean. He had the pale slightly silver skin of a vampire. A Mop of mahogany hair brushed his long eyelashes that framed a pair of eyes that i would never forget. My savior. He stood before me looking relaxed but with a knowledge in his eyes that didn't make sense to me now.

The way he studied me made me want to hide. I had been looked at with desire and want before but this was different, a mixture of the look in your fathers eyes and the want in other peoples. His pale green eyes scanned me from bottom to top. I knew what he would see. Medium height with the tight black and blue clothing i wear on missions. Thin but muscular from years of training and working out. Golden skin with a hint of the vampire silver. Long raven black hair that shone a mixture of reds and blues and purples in the sun, all piles in a bun on the back of my head, to keep it out of the way. A clear face with smooth skin that also comes from the vampire in me.

Grey eyes with a hint of sadness that i have never missed when looking in the mirror to get ready, ever since my mother died.

He looked into my eyes and opened his mouth to speak, but i heard nothing, not the sound of the city or his voice.

The smells left me. The feel of the wind. I then took my last look at him before i was catapulted back into the kitchen with my dad and Alex crouching next to me. The mince covering my hands and a blood stained towel on the floor and another in my Fathers hands.