Chapter three „ the number „

After a quick search, I found the number and had already written a message. A message that said I wanted to meet him and explore the city with him. Plus, he actually knew the city just as well as I did. Because he only lived in Berlin for a few months. Doesn't matter.
It was Sunday morning, the day was extremely cold and it was snowing. Leon Blake wanted to show me the city and it was the first time for me to explore the city. I was pleased. My mother wished me good luck as I left the apartment at 11:00 am.

At that time it was cold outside and it was snowing again. It was the first time that I went to the big city alone. My street was called Lenzer Straße 12 and consisted of a row of multi-family houses. Like every block, we had a garden with plants and trees, as well as herbs and greenhouses. I walked out of the house and across the street, which wasn't really busy that Sunday. A man who I have seen a few times in my house also came out of the front door, saw me and smiled. Then he greeted me. "Good morning" he said and I greeted him back before I went towards the main train station.
I remembered that I was once in Berlin with my class before graduating. At that time we had a hotel where we stayed for a few days.
After I got my ticket in the large station hall and was almost desperate at the ticket machine, a young man came to my help. He showed me everything and a short time later I had my ticket. For me, situations like this are very uncomfortable because I wasn't the type of person who liked being in such large public places/places. Most of the time I pushed my headphones into my ears and did my thing. As I stood next to the ticket machine for a few minutes waiting for Leon Blake, my phone rang. Although it has to be said that it didn't ring, it was linked to my watch and it vibrated when there was a call or a message. Like at this moment. I picked up. "Hello," I said and a voice answered on the other end of the line that I couldn't identify, but I was sure I had heard it before. "Leon here," said the voice on the other end. "Where are you?" "I'm at the main train station," I told him and a short time later someone tapped me on the shoulder from behind. " I turned around and Leon was standing behind me. He laughed and greeted me like we always did at school. "Hello Matt, are you okay?" he asked and I nodded. Leon was wearing a shirt like I had always seen at school. Why did you wear a shirt? Didn't you wear this when you went to a party? I asked myself as we got on one of the yellow subway trains that were on the lower platforms of the hall.
Leon Blake came from a somewhat richer family and that didn't really make it any easier for him at school. At that time there were often disputes over this problem. The reason for this was usually because Blake wore the latest clothes before anyone else could wear them. This made many classmates jealous and wanted revenge. But all that is long gone. Since I left my hometown, I have had almost no contact with Leon.

In the next two hours we took the subway to the city center and finally ended up in a very small and well-arranged café a little further towards the outskirts of the city. Leon told me that after he left Cologne he immediately moved into a shared apartment and met lots of nice new people there. I remembered that this was also my idea and that I actually wanted to do something like that. But I just nodded in agreement and told him it was very good. Since Leon only knew nerds anyway, I thought it wouldn't make sense if I told him my problems now.
A woman in a white coat came to us and brought us both herbal tea and asked if we needed anything else. I shook my head. "No thanks, everything is fine. "We have to work too," Leon replied and I frowned. "Working?" asked the waitress. "Yes, we are working. " Leon answered her and tried to explain to her in two or three sentences what his petition was about. I didn't understand anything about it, only that he was committed to helping the homeless. But I didn't understand any more.
The waitress nodded and then left our table and went back into the kitchen. Shortly afterwards someone else came out of the kitchen and this time it wasn't a woman but my dream woman. Although I have to say that I would never talk to her because I was far too shy.

"What did he suggest to you?" my mother asked when I arrived home that evening. "That's perfect if you move into a shared apartment with him," my mother continued. " Oh well. "Not really," I replied, "I've had no contact with Leon so far. But he said tomorrow he would arrange something for me in his apartment with a few colleagues. If I want I could help. These colleagues also live in a shared apartment and that means that I might be able to live with them." My mother liked this suggestion and was happy for me. In order not to hurt her, I agreed and wrote Leon that same evening that I would also be there tomorrow and help