| 6

Jason's Phone...

It's been a few days since Abby said she'd try to work something out for Bianca, and Bianca's been waiting patiently. If she had someone to ask to borrow money from, she would've put her pride aside and done it. But no one had it right now, and that was real life.

People had these jobs and still struggled because living was not free. If Bianca hadn't discovered Abby's new way of earning, she wouldn't have inserted herself in a situation like this. But because the opportunity was the only solution she had, Bianca was going to do what she had to do.

She's watched her aunt hustle to make ends meet, and now that she's older, she understands the reasons behind it.

Reaching her hand up to knock on Ruth's door, Bianca leaned on the door frame. The dark skies were taking over the city, and based on Bianca's appearance, she was going to enjoy what the night had to offer.

However, it was the complete opposite.

She got all pretty and dressed up, spraying her phenomenal perfume on her skin just to head out to Sweet Fantasy's for that job Abby hooked her up with. She didn't know what she'd be doing because expressing the details over the phone was the perfect way to be incriminated if caught in the act.

But all Bianca knew was that this was a one-time thing, and she'd be done. She didn't want the obsession with this to drive her into deeper shit, so she swore that this was something she'd do once in her life.

So here she was, stripped from the sweats she once wore and in something more fitting. She adjusted a watch to fit her wrist, pairing it with a thin bracelet. She also slipped on some rings, putting on a pair of hoops earrings, even though her hair flowing down her back might hide them.

"Hey, I'm gonna head out for a little," Bianca said as she crossed her arms. Her face looked pretty, but the pout would soon create creases in her makeup if she didn't relax it.

Bianca didn't want to leave without alerting her roommate, since that's something they've grown to do.

"Where you going?" Ruth asked as she lifted her head from her phone, a grin forming on her face as her brows began to wiggle, "are you gonna go be with that cute guy that dm'd you the other day?"

Bianca chuckles, "yeah, and I need you to check my location every hour to make sure I'm not being kidnapped."

Bianca may have lied and said she was meeting some guy, but she was serious about the location thing. Telling this lie meant that Ruth would be less likely to ask questions.

Ruth was completely clueless because Bianca hadn't told her about anything regarding this and didn't plan on doing so. She felt ashamed, and admitting that she blindly got herself involved in some shit was nerve-wracking to say.

She also didn't want to worry Ruth, nor did she want to hear her scold her.

"What time do you plan on getting back?" Ruth asked, looking at the hour approaching ten as she plopped down onto the couch, "or do you plan on sitting on someone's face for the whole night?"

Bianca giggled, leaning off the doorframe, "no, I will not, but I'll text you when I'm on my way back," heading over to hug her.

IF I come back.

what if I end up dead because of this?

oh god, my aunt would kill me.

"But are you sure?" Ruth asks as Bianca stands up tall again, "he's cute, and he has a big nose, and you know what they say about big noses. You could ride em'-"