Chapter Five

As we rode home, he played all sorts of music. He has great taste in music. As the ride went on, so did he. He was a talker, that's for sure. But that's good, I am a listener. But, he also listened to me. No one ever really did that for me. They talked and I listened. But with him, he did both.

"So what do you need help with again?" I ask.
"Oh you know just like your basics. Math, science, and I need some help on an English essay." " Sounds like great fun." I say sarcastically. " So have you always been good at school and stuff?" He asks. " Yeah, it kind of can naturally to me. I love to learn, so it would make sense. My freshman year I did struggle a bit. But that's really it. What about you?" " Well academics never was my strong suit. I kind of do better at sports. But you know keep your grade up to play. So I've always tried hard to keep them up but only for sports." " I should ask, is there a tutoring style that works for you?" I ask. " I'm not too sure. My tutors back at my old home could never teach me. I'm sure you can but you know."

As we arrived, we decided we would study at my house. We got into the house and we were home alone. We went straight up to my room. We laid all our stuff in the floor and began. The math and English stuff were pretty easy for him. He quickly learned the math and understood the English. But science gave him a tough time. He just could not remember. So I gave myself an idea.

" Hey, what's your favorite candy?" I ask interrupting our studying. "Probably starbursts."
I grab some starbursts and a pillow and made him stand up. "What's the difference between the stroma and stoma?" I ask. " I don't know. That's what I'm trying to figure out" "Wrong!" I yell and hit home with a pillow. " What was that for?" He asks whining. " What is the difference Noon?" " The Stroma is in the chloroplast and stoma is on the surface of the leaf or something."
" Good" I say as I hand him the candy.

For the rest of our studying I did the reinforcement. It went pretty well if you ask me. After we were done studying we kinda just sat and talked for a while. It was great to talk to him.
We talked about our interests again. We have a bit in common. We talked about his family and mine. We talked about Mia and we talked about his asshole friends. I think he likes being friends with them, what a shame. Another good one lost to the idiots. That's okay, he is really cool. He is a great person to tutor and just be around in general. But, around five thirty he had to go home. His family was having dinner and it was the first dinner at their house. We said our goodbyes and went on with our nights.

I was in my room, just listening to music and doing my own thing when I get a call... from Brady? Apparently I needed to remind him of something in science. I had to break down something to him and he finally understood. Once he got it down, he started to ask me a question. " What's your favorite movie?"
Him saying this sparked a whole two hour phone call of just us talking. How sweet...