CHAPTER SEVEN

DICK GRAYSON & JASON TODD | BATFAMILY (assorted canon)

────────────────────

You walk out of the weapons cache lighter than how you walked into it and head directly for your eldest.

"Dick what the hell?"

Said man, halfway through what looks like calf stretches, sits up and throws a slight frown your way.

"What? What'd I do?"

And bless him but he's actually thinking it over. Eyes sliding to the side and lips pursing and everything. Racking his brain over what mess he forgot to get himself out of this time.

Somewhere behind you Jason starts laughing at Dick so when he passes by you flick him on the arm. The drama queen then makes a whole show of blowing you off with a half assed 'ow'. Your eyes meet the dark depths of the cave ceiling for a second as you beg for strength before they lock on Dick once more.

From there all you have to do is purse your lips and raise a brow for him to catch on. His arms fling into the air.

"He said he'd 'take care of it', and I haven't seen you since then. Fuck me for thinking he actually did it! And he only felt the need to tell me three nights ago so it's not like you're the only one."

Your shoulders start to shake and you move closer until you can nudge him. His arms drop and he huffs.

"Easy, little D, I'm just teasing. Don't beat yourself up over your father's horrible communication skills, okay?"

"Don't worry I won't," he says.

You do catch the nasty look he throws the cave entrance with despite what he's said, and the easy tone he's said it with, however.

"Actually," Jason pipes up, helmet back on and voice once again skewed. "I'm still hung up on your shit communication skills. Nightfall? Since when has that been a thing?"

He jabs a finger in your direction while pacing around to Dick's other side. Dick doesn't do anything but follow the younger's antics with his eyes.

You laugh, shrugging, and lean back on the cave wall beside the desk. You're still within spitting distance of the boys but you can't bring yourself to travel any further.