| 1

One Man caused two Different Lives...

Bianca smiled as her little sister smeared a face mask all over her nose with a silcon brush, "don't get it in my eye now," Bianca said as she moved her head back to avoid the edge of the brush getting into her eye.

Her little sister, Sophie, covered her mouth and giggled, "I'm sorry."

"It's alright," Bianca said as she gently took the brush from her little sister, "let me do yours now," extending her hand for the mask container that Sophie had beside her on the coffee table.

Bianca had invited her seven-year-old sister over to her apartment for a spa night, wanting to get that quality time in while she could because she spends her mornings to noons working as a hairstylist out in the city of New York. With Bianca constantly trying to gain as much clientele as she can while also enduring her adult life, it's not often she sees her little sister.

Bianca and Sophie share the same father, but those two didn't get to see the same man growing up. Bianca's relationship with her father wasn't as good as it is for Sophie, and never letting her father's priorities get in the middle, Bianca was close to her sister. She's always wanted a sister because growing up as the only child was a tad bit boring.

Bianca would say she's had a good life since she's always had food on the table, clothes on her back, and a roof over her head. However, she didn't get the chance to experience too much of life with her own mother.

At the very young age of eight, Bianca lost her mother to health conditions.

That woman was her world, but Bianca didn't have too many memories of the person who carried her for nine months and brought her into this world. Because of the devastating loss interfering with Bianca's memory, she had trouble recalling the moments with her mother.

Bianca somehow managed to focus on who she had in her life because her aunt was all she had.

Her mother's sister, Dorinda, took her in the moment she heard the news about the death. It would've been more ideal for Bianca's father to take in his own daughter, but in those years, that man was gone. When he found out that Bianca's mother was pregnant with his child, he went ghost and fell off the face of the earth.

People would rationalize his distance by pointing out that he was still young and unprepared for parenthood, but Bianca never gave a damn.

He should've been there.

Her father eventually came back into her life when she was five, getting the chance to develop a connection with the little girl. Bianca was young and just excited to know she had a father, welcoming him with open arms.

That little girl no longer had to imagine.

Her young brain was slowly wiring itself to abandonment when he would go missing in action and suddenly pop in as if he remembered he had a kid out in the world.

He missed her sixth birthday but was there for the seventh before he went back to not being there. She was over the ins and outs, but when her mother passed, her father was who she called out for. Bianca thought he'd finally be there. There to wipe her tears, hold her close, and be the parent she needed.

Nonetheless, he stayed away despite knowing the news. That's when Dorinda stepped in to be there for her sister's daughter.

Dorinda was different from her sister, not allowing that son of a bitch to make her niece's heart break over and over. Dorinda watched the way it affected her niece and had enough.

Bianca wasn't down for the imbalance her father brought around either, even when he tried to step up and come back around in her teenage years. He'd show up at her school when she was in high school, but Bianca ignored him every time.