Chap. 30 - Dancing with Death

Kanan didn't think twice. That Space Marine right in front of him was a terrifying enemy, and he had to eliminate him at any cost. Or at least try. And leaving his boys to fight alongside a group of villagers who looked very competent, Kanan ran into battle.

Murrai and the rest tried to go after him, but none of them were able to keep up, especially when a column of chaos spawns blocked the path between them and their lord. Being one, and possessing agility impossible for someone his size, Kanan brandished his sword, sending the souls of dozens of Slaneesh spawn back into the warp. Many tried to end his life, but none was even able to touch his flesh.

Kanan didn't give it a second thought. As soon as he had his target within reach, he raised his weapon ready to amputate the right arm and with some luck, maybe break it in half in the process, but the white-maned ork never expected such a quick reaction from the marine. of chaos, who blocked his attack with his weapon without even looking at him, as his sight was focused more on the villager who was trying to beat him in a grappling battle, in which he had the advantage by far.

Chaos Marines:- Well... Well... Well... But look who we have here. It seems my lord's new toy has decided to bite the dog that fed him. Charming. -

Before the combined forces, the chaos marine decided to retreat, pushing his opponents at the same time to gain a more advantageous position. Now, his gaze was able to see both the ork and the villager, and his excitement could only increase, reflected in the macabre and sinister smile that appeared on his face.

Right:- I told your shitty god once. I'm not like you. I never have been and I never will be. Its mere presence makes me sick, and I would like nothing more than to be free of this uncomfortable feeling. -

Chaos Marines:- MMM. Interesting. I like that. Come and try it... If you dare. -

Aeldari:- Don't trust yourself, green skin. He is Lucius, champion of Slannesh, and despite his injuries, he remains a terrifying opponent. -

The aeldari's words left Kanan in a state of shock. Lucius? Lucius, The Eternal? He had heard that name countless times in the past. Evil and madness made flesh. A face deformed by the hundreds of scars he had given himself, and with non-existent mental health.

His body was surrounded by the countless faces of the Armor of Howling Souls. The hundreds of voices of those who once defeated him and were now there, to torment him for all eternity.

His right hand carried the iconic sword Laer, the one that once possessed the demon that now haunted the body of Primarch Fulgrim, but now empty, being a sword of energy not unlike any other, but in the hands of the swordsman, it was extremely mortal