08

Moscow, Russia

"I see by your expressions," the President said, "that you are navigating the irony of your assignment."

The man met his leader's eyes and said, "But not the commitment, that does not waiver."

"Da, that does not waiver," said the other two.

"Good, that is good. And it is good that the irony is not all that much. We are invited. We have been asked by the government of Iran to run this mission. To give them an evaluation of their systems and their security. They have boosted both up, their security and their people. You will be meeting some of your Iranian counterparts."

"They are concerned with Israelis mounting another attack." Alek made this a statement.

The President asked, "What makes you certain that the Israelis ever stopped? That would be a source of bad information. At least ten attacks against various targets. The most recent hit the gas station network across their country putting it out of commission for several hours. It was a very expensive injury to sustain."

"We can not attack it from here?" Luca asked.

"No," their leader said, "For one thing we don't want the Americans to see what we are doing even if there is the slightest chance of them noticing. There are many more eyes and ears out there listening than just governments, as well. Eyes and ears with tongues and blogs. Second, the system they want checked is not on the Internet. You have to be physically there to do the work."

"They should just keep it that way. Why risk the chance?"

"Because having remote access to a nuclear plant would be useful, would it not?" the President pointed out.

"Then go through the dark web," Alek responded sounding more firm than he had toward the leader. Then he caught himself, and added, "Sir."

The President smiled, and stood up, causing the others to rise with him. At the door two men in suits of fine grey, perfectly tailored jackets and slacks appeared. Their bulk and manner said, GRU.

"Ah, it is time, I have places to be. Your assignments are in your slots. Follow protocol and come home safe and successful."

Just then the center screen cleared and a single command window appeared with a trace route ... to Holland.

"The Dutch were at our door?" the man said with a hint of aghast in his voice. "The Dutch?"

"Huh," said the President, "I always forget that they have that country. I will tell the Hounds of our visitors. That little tool of yours might be some help to you. Make sure that she is not copied by the Iranians however, or the Americans. Let them make their own."

"Yes sir, I will keep her, under wraps, as they say," the man promised.