♛𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻♛

Aurelia experienced an overpowering sense of déjà vu as she made her way down the Corso, side by side with her brother. It was another swelteringly warm day, same as the reaping, although this time they made their way to Capitol News in their school uniforms. Potentially for the first time, Aurelia was glad for the maroon blazer and kilt, as she only had one dress from her mother and didn't know what she would do if another was required.

The one change from reaping day, however, was the palpable tension between the twins. The previous night's argument was not forgotten by either party, and not one word was spoken the whole way to the news station.

And when this family's reputation is in ashes, at least it won't be my fault.

Perhaps Aurelia had deserved that, after her little comment about Lucy Gray, but it still stung. You could be completely unafraid of bees, but once they made contact, they were impossible to ignore.

That, sister, is on you.

Coriolanus knew his sister's fears about being the family disappointment, but he didn't know what it was like to be her. He got handed everything, and he barely had to try, but for her it was just the opposite.

Perhaps Coriolanus had deserved that, after years of subtle superiority and snide remarks to fellow classmates. Coriolanus Snow, the Capitol's golden child, and his silent little sister, Aurelia. Perhaps she was tired, perhaps she let her silent exterior fall for a moment and allowed the pent-up rage to bubble over.

Quite honestly, the morning passed in a total blur. Final tribute interviews happened, but Aurelia mostly built on Jessup's message to his family from the previous night.

Had it only been last night? So much had occurred in the past twelve hours: she had appeared on national television twice, she had kissed Sejanus Plinth, and came up with a criminal scheme to get Jessup out of the arena. Her whole life seemed so slow and boring when she compared it to the past night. Walking out of the Capitol News building, she knew deep down that the next hours would change her life even more, for better or for worse.

As she made her way to the Academy, she composed her thoughts and her physical appearance. Her slight limp, healing but not completely forgotten, was disguised, and she set her face in the same expression she always wore. All thoughts of issues, such as the fact that Coriolanus still hadn't spoken to her, were dispersed, her mind wiped completely clean.

Until a hand grabbed her by the wrist and dragged her into the first classroom they came across. Aurelia looked at her abductor as he leaned to shut the door, before turning back to her with a small smile.

"Sejanus, what the actual-"

He cut her off by connecting his mouth to hers. One of his hands found its way to her hip, drawing her closer to him. The other reached to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear, as her arms slowly looped around his neck.

They stayed like this for a moment before Sejanus broke away from the blonde girl with that stupid grin he always wore.

"Hi," he murmured, inches away from her.

"You really have a thing for cutting me off by kissing me, huh?" Aurelia laughed, looking right at the boy in front of her.

"Guess so," Sejanus muttered, barely audible. "Is it working?"

At this, Aurelia really began laughing, collapsing into the boy's shoulder. Sejanus couldn't help but join in, and suddenly it was like the alleyway again, just easy jokes flowing back and forth. Somewhere in the middle of it all, the blonde realized just how badly she had needed this, a reminder that maybe not everything had to change.

"I'll take that as a yes," he whispered close to her ear.

"Whatever you say, Sejanus," Aurelia giggled.

"Big day today," the boy frowned.  "You ready?"

"Completely ready, and still completely scared out of my mind," the blonde flicked her eyes towards the ground.

"Hey, it's going to be okay.  Jessup's strong, he'll be fine," Sejanus said.  He tilted her face gently towards his, meeting her eyes with a small smile.

"And if all else fails, we're going to be out there together, right?" He continued.

Aurelia nodded somberly, hearing the bell ring that signaled the beginning of the event.

"We better-" Sejanus began.

"Sejanus," Aurelia interrupted.  "When we're out there, we can't..."

"You don't have to say it, I get it," he smiled.

"I'm sorry, it's just a lot, today of all days."

Sejanus just nodded, pressing his lips to the blonde's forehead, before opening the door to let her out.

Aurelia took one moment to look at Sejanus again, before leaving without a second glance behind her.

She took a deep breath, adopted her signature face, and cleared her mind of all thoughts related to Sejanus Plinth.

She couldn't be distracted today.

i have absolutely nothing to say for myself at this point other than i am so extremely sorry for the lack of updates and the short chapter

long story short this month has been a rollercoaster, i've had tests upon tests in school including midterms, on top of losing a close family friend a few weeks ago, it's been a lot and this book really took a backseat

i'm literally writing this and half of this chapter from my phone. i actually have had half of this chapter written for a few weeks but i just had no idea how to finish it.

anyways, thank you all so so so SO much for 63 thousand reads, i appreciate every single one more than anything <3

i can't think of a question of the chapter right now honestly, so im just going to say thanks to all of my readers for sticking with me through all of this inconsistency, and just know that i am really trying my best for you guys right now.  i understand you want updates and believe me, so do i, but its so much goes into writing even one chapter like you wouldn't believe and i want every chapter to be my best possible work for all of you

if you read all of that, thank you so much <3

take care of yourselves and drink water or i will actually break into your house to give you some

-jess <3