Chapter 1

Peige’s POV

I ran down the stairs to catch up on Niall, my boyfriend. We’ve been together for 2 years and now we’re sharing a flat. He opened the door and grabbed his car keys from the back pocket of his pants. Before he left, I handed him his phone which he forgot in our room. Then he pulled me in for a kiss. I jumped and wrapped my legs on his waist while his hands grabbed my ass. The kiss was long and rough. Our lips were crashing and our tongues fought for dominance. When his won, I bit his lip wounding it. He pulled out of the kiss, slapped me and dropped me to the floor.

“I’m going slut!” he said as he banged the door closed. I got up and caressed my now reddish cheek. My tears are welling up my eyes as I remember all the things we’ve been through.

On the first year of our relationship, we seemed so perfect for each other. Of course being the girlfriend of Niall Horan, 1/5 of the hottest boy band in the world, I often receive threats and hates but thank God, more fans loved me and supported our relationship which convinced me that Niall was really the one for me.

But everything changed when we moved in together last year. I met the other side of Niall, his dark side, the side that brought up my own, the side of him that keeps me addicted to him. Absurd, I know.

I’ve tried a million times to escape this hell. But all those attempts failed. It’s either he finds me and begs me to come back or I’ll come back to him myself. Either way, I hate the way I can’t live without Niall when I was able to live for 18 years by myself before I knew him.

Now, I’m convinced. I’m leaving Niall and I’ll make sure I will never fail this time. I’ll start anew. I don’t know how but I have to. If I continue this kind of living, I’m sure I’ll lose my mind. I love Niall so much that even his abusive side turns me on. When we fight, I’ll lose myself and fight back and after hours of physically, mentally and emotionally hurting each other, we’ll make up and act like the way we are in the beginning of our relationship, then the whole process will repeat. It’s like a cycle. It may sound ironic but this I think keeps us together and the fact that it’s unhealthy for both of us wants me to get out of this relationship even though it’s oddly the best i ever had.

I went up to our room and had a shower. Then I quickly opened the bottom drawer of our bedside table and grabbed my duffle bag. I opened my closet and packed all the clothes I own. As expected, all of my things fit my bag. Not that I have a limited amount of clothing. It’s just that most of my wardrobe we’re bought by Niall (since he’s super rich) and I don’t want to bring with me anything that will remind me of Niall which will surely draw me back again to him just the way I did the last time I left.

When I was sure I got everything packed, I headed downstairs and dropped my house keys replicate beside the television set.

Before I was able to touch the knob, the main door of our flat swung open revealing Niall standing outside of our flat with flowers in his hands. He wore that smile that made me fall for him when I saw him for the first time. “No Peige! Look away! You can’t lose yourself again with that smile! Not again.” I convinced myself in my mind. I shook my head and turned to his face again, His facial expression completely changed in a matter of seconds. His cheeky smile was now a dangerous frown and his eyes which were bright blue just like the ocean turned 5 shades darker with fury. That’s when I noticed he’s looking at my bag full of my things and I know that he doesn’t like what he’s seeing.

“Where the hell are you going Peige?!” he said with a mix of confusion and anger in his voice.

My throat suddenly dried up. I’m always lost for words when he’s mad at me. I don’t know why but angry Niall makes me love him more. I tried fighting back the strong attraction I’m feeling and tried to speak. I choked at first but I managed to say, “I’m leaving you Niall. FOR GOOD.” I emphasized the last two words.

He stormed into our flat and squashed the flowers into the trash bin, “Oh really, you said that too last week, last month, the month before and now you’re still here.” He said jokingly but still with anger.

“I’m making sure I’m not coming back again Niall!” I managed to shout even though my throat’s still desiccated. I took my duffle bag from the floor and started to head towards the door when Niall gripped my wrist. I tried to snatch my hand from him but he closed the door with his other hand and pushed me to the wall.

“You’re not going anywhere Peige! You’re staying!” His grip on my hands went tighter and tighter every second until they went numb. The next thing I know, we’re in a rough but passionate kiss again which makes me go weak. Realizing that kissing Niall wouldn’t help my goal of leaving him, I pulled back and with all my strength, freed myself from his firm grip.

I straightened up myself and set out to the door. He abruptly sat on our couch. I was surprised that he didn’t do anything to stop me this time but I continued to walk to the exit before my will to leave him disappears. Though he’s not doing anything on the couch, I could feel his burning glare at my back.

Before I closed the door, I looked at him, staring down at the glass centre table in front of him with his fist tightly closed showing off his veins. “Goodbye Niall.” I managed to bid goodbye to him.

I walked down the hallway feeling the freedom in my chest. But that freedom was with emptiness. I’m free from Niall and I’s abusive ways but I feel empty and useless without him.

I walked down the hallway with so much in my mind but suddenly, my train of thought was destroyed by a deafening scream and a piercing sound of a broken glass. I can’t be wrong! It’s from our flat.

I ran breathlessly back to our flat and quickly opened the door to see that the glass centre table is already broken to pieces. There’s blood dripping on the floor. Niall’s face is full of rage while staring at me and his hands are covered with his own blood.

I quickly ran towards him and without even thinking, I grabbed his injured arms and walked him to our kitchen table and cleaned his wound.

With that, I knew that my plan of leaving Niall unsurprisingly failed again.