Chapter 7

"Hey, have you seen your lady friend?"

"She has a name, you know."

"Oh I know." Hangman grinned.

"She also has ears." Rooster pointed out.

"I'm aw-"

Before he could finish his statement, Phoenix walked out the door of the locker rooms, knocking Hangman against the shoulder when she walked past him. He lost his balance, almost falling on his hind end.

Bradley raised his brows, eyes wide as he hid away his smirk. "Phoenix!" He walked quicker, away from Hangman.

"I hate him." Natasha ground out as soon as Rooster arrived to her side.

He chuckled a bit, "I know." He said. "You know I hate him too."

"You sure as hell haven't been acting like it." She bit.

"Hey. Don't give me that mood just because of what he said." He teased, but meant what he said.

She looked up to him, her brows furrowed.

Avoiding her instinct of speaking her mind, she looked down to his shirt. She looked away with a flat expression, continuing her walk. "I told you if we were going out after school to not wear a Hawaiian shirt for once."

"After school?" He cringed. "Yes, we're at Top Gun. It is a school, but don't call it that." He laughed.

She stopped again, turning to him. Rooster let out a gasp, stopping abruptly.

"Quit avoiding the question."

She turned away once more, walking away from him, still headed to the doors.

Rooster snorted, catching up to her. He pointed a finger at Phoenix, "Listen missy-" He smiled, trying not to laugh away his short and useless speech.

Knowing what was coming, he stopped before she could, and moved off to the side.

Rooster had beat what he anticipated, watching Phoenix stop and take a backhanded slap at the air to what would have been Rooster's shoulder.

She turned her head to him, and he smirked.

"You little-" she said with a choked out laugh, stepping over to him.

He backed away, leaning his weight to the tips of his shoes, careful not to fall over.

The two laughed and smiled, jumping from one spot to another in attempt for one (Phoenix) to hit the other (Rooster) who tried getting away.

Bradshaw took a chance at his get-away, running out the doors with a loud laugh. He looked back over his shoulder with a smile, seeing an angry Phoenix running at him.

"I poked the bull now I'm getting horns!" He continued his loud, inviting laugh.

"Stop making me wanna smile!" Phoenix yelled out like a child.

Watching the two pilots run out to the parking lot, not even looking both ways before crossing, Coyote and Hangman shook their heads.

Hangman kept his bag slung over his shoulder, and Coyote looked to him.

"You started that."

"I know." He snorted, staring out the door.

"Ah, so you are proud of it." Coyote said, turning his head back to the doors.

Jake turned to him in return, "I can do to you what Phoenix is trying to do to Rooster. Only I hit harder."

That last bit was probably untrue, even with Hangman being stronger.