𝟎𝟏 - 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗴𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗱.

time ; mystical time

cutting me open, then healing me fine

were there clues I didn't see?

and isn't it just so pretty to think

all along there was some

invisible string ; tying you to me?

━━ invisible string // taylor swift.

THE KHANSAAR AIR SEEMED MORE DREADFUL AND HEAVIER THAN USUAL

It always had that gloominess, stuck to it like a curse but today it felt like it did have a reason.

The sea harshly collided with the shore, as though fueled by anger, the waves rose and came crashing down in fury.

Then again, the usually wide-eyed and curious-minded girl felt all the same as the air. Dreadful. Gloomy. Even on the verges of misery.

Not unusual for her, it seemed as though that was a curse to her, the only relief in the form of her beloved mother.

But now, nine-year-old Saira lost her only relief.

She didn't understand, though, what was wrong that day when Basava Dharavath-her supposed father- stumbled into their house with rage. The only emotions she could see in his deep sunken eyes were fury and disappointment. Not an ounce of any sadness. How pathetic.

She didn't understand at all when he began screaming at her, blaming her for his wife being gone not once mentioning how or where. Just gone and in the way he spat venom-laced words at her for it, it seemed as though she'd never come back. His wife who he didn't even care about in the first place and only saw as an object of serving him. Her-her mother. The woman who gave him the very child he was now lashing his anger at. For a fault that was ultimately his.

All she understood was the pain that enveloped her cheek and the maroon and violet-hued bruise that painted it as she looked in the mirror. It stared at her as she questioned herself. It stared at her until it became blurry. It still stared at her as the tears became lines on the tainted cheek. And that's when she realized her mother was no longer amidst her. Because if she was, the only redness she'd feel on her cheeks would be from laughing too hard at her attempts to cheer her up.