eleven. i'm alone on my own

there will be mentions of abuse, violence, drinking, and more in the rest of the book

Taylor sat there in the emergency room for the next three days. Everyone started getting worried as she sat there staring at Aurora, tears streaming down her cheeks. She blamed herself for making Aurora meet Travis and overwhelming the poor girl.

"Ms. Swift, is Aurora under your care right now?" one of the doctor asks, standing by the door.

"Yeah, yeah she is. Why?" Taylor asks, wiping her tears.

"Could I talk to you outside?" he asks.

Taylor nods her head and stands up, taking a step forward. She audibly gasps as she felt the grip on her hand tighten. She looks back to see Aurora's hand grasping onto hers, slowly opening her eyes. A couple nurses quickly make their way over to Aurora, checking her vitals again. Taylor gives Aurora a small smile before walking a couple feet away to the doctor.

"Ms. Swift, Aurora has something called Broca's Aphasia. It was caused by her hitting her head to a hard surface over and over again, the last time being much harder than before. This means that even though she can understand speech, she won't be able to speak very well, maybe a couple words here and there. I would recommend waiting for a little, letting her heal, and then join her in speech therapy."

Taylor closed her eyes and gulped, taking in the new information.

"Thank you for telling me," Taylor said, still in shock.

"Taylor, you okay?" Andrea asks, just arriving at the hospital.

After her family, close friends, and publicist gather around her, she lets out the information, breaking down in her mother's arms. Taylor and Andrea walk back in together while everyone stays out, giving the three girls some space.

"Hi, sweetheart," Taylor says, walking over to Aurora.

Aurora doesn't respond, as she just looks down at her feet. The nurses just told her that she wouldn't be able to talk somewhat normally for at least a couple months. She could remember all the words, they just wouldn't come out her mouth. She knew that she had to respond with "Hey Taylor," but she just couldn't. The words would leave the tip of her tongue and she felt isolated, even if there were people all around her.