Childhood (1): Origins

If you were going to ask Sarah how she got into this position, she honestly wouldn't know the answer to that question. All she could remember was the sounds of metal clinging against each other, fire, and a fierce roar before her vision went completely black. After what seemed like an eternity, she woke up in an extremely unfamiliar location.

"You're in what is called a 'hospital'." a voice said in her head.

The voice belonged to the ancient demon who was sealed inside of her, Nemuri Xavier. Sarah groggily rubbed her eye, hesitantly feeling something covering her other...bandages.

"I had to teleport us to a safer location after I got done destroying that wretched village. We took quite a hit from that 'mother' of yours. Half our body ended up getting burned during our escape," Nemuri explained as Sarah looked at her heavily bandaged body, "Luckily enough we were founded by some guards and was taken in to this village named Konaha to get treated. Most of our wounds got healed, though we're still going to be in here for quite some time thanks to those fucking elders."

Sarah recalled being thrown into the dungeon for the first time. She was four year old, a child, being forced to be the container of an ancient demon that ravaged her homeland by the council. Her mother...former mother gave her up, her other mother died during the sealing, and her once beloved grandfather ended up becoming her tormentor for five years.

At last, she escaped. But at what cost?

A few minutes have passed since she woke up. A nurse walked into her room and noticed that she was awake. Eventually a doctor came into the room and did a few checkups, then some guards (shinobi) came in and asked her a couple of questions. It must be for investigative purposes, Sarah assumes. After a while a man wearing some big fancy hat and robes came into her room and sat down in a chair beside her bed.

Sarah didn't know who this man was, but he sure did look important.

"Greetings, my name is Hiruzen Sarutobi and I am the Third Hokage," the man introduced himself, "It is very nice to meet you Ms..."

"Sarah," Sarah responded. She wasn't no longer part of any family, so it just doesn't feel right to use the last name 'Bellum'.

"Alright, I'm here to ask you some questions regarding your situation. Do you remember how you got here?" Hiruzen asked her.

"I don't really remember much. The last thing I can recall is seeing some fire," Sarah responded.

Hiruzen nodded, "Hm, I see. Do you remember anything else?"

"Nope," Sarah responded as she looked Hiruzen in the eyes.

"Hmm...it seems he's trying to try and find out who did this. He can't do anything, they're all dead," Nemuri said, "It's probably best we keep the extent of our abilities on the down-low, especially around this man. I don't trust him at all,"

Sarah knew better than to question Nemuri's judgement. They were pretty spot on about everything. If they didn't trust this old man sitting right beside them, then she shouldn't either.

"Alright, thank you for your time," Hiruzen said as he got up from the chair, walking out the door.

Nemuri mentally glared at the man as Sarah laid back in her hospital bed.