Chapter 5

*Author's note: Hi there! Here's another chapter for you guys. If you don't remember who is who, Ryder is Roadrunner, Waylon is Wile E Coyote, Penelope is Petunia, Payton is Porky, Pierce is Pepe, Luna is Lola, Seth is Sylvester, Tara is Tweety, Dylan is Daffy and Brandon is Bugs. Enjoy! 😊

When Ryder got to the front desk area, he went to Penelope, who was the secretary of all the floors of office buildings to report his work-related accident.

"Hi, is there any way I could get off early today. I cut my hand on a machine and I need to see a doctor soon." He asked while lifting his tie wrapped hand in front of Penelope, who was shocked by the extent of the injury.

"Oh my goodness. Yes of course. Please. Take the rest of the day off. I'll let the others know that you had a medical emergency. Just make sure to get a note from your doctor in case anything else comes up." Penelope advised him while filing out a quick report for early dismissal of work due to emergency-related concerns.

"Thank you." Ryder said with a wave before leaving towards the front door.

"You're welcome. I hope you better. Just let me know in the morning if you need more time to rest." Penelope added before sending off the report to her bosses and shook her head.

Man.

Poor guy.

At least someone was able to help him out with his hand.

Maybe, someone handsome and strong, who was kind enough to give up his tie and tend to his need.

Like my Payton.

Oh I'd give anything just to see if he will help me out like that one day.

Penelope thought dreamily.

Meanwhile the rest of the workers continue on with their projects.

As company boss Brandon comes by to check on his co-workers until he noticed Waylon's distress and walks over to him first to see if he was okay.

"Hey Waylon. Are you getting any progress for your project?" Brandon asked curiously with a polite smile so that he won't put a lot of pressure on him.

"Sigh. No, I haven't." Waylon mumbled with a sigh, rubbing his forehead roughly.

Worried about earlier when he saw Ryder walk out of the office with his injured hand.

Wondering if he should've went with him to the doctor's office, instead of letting him leave by himself.

Maybe, if he wasn't so much of a jerk to him in the first place, he could have been more helpful.

As Brandon studies his expression for a moment before he spoke up in understanding.

"I remember feeling that stressed when was your age. It was difficult for me to deal with work and pay off the bills all at once. I was so tied to my job that I never knew how to have fun or take a break for once. But when I met Dylan, I felt so grateful for his help that I was able to build a connection to him and we ended up becoming partners through everything. And I couldn't be more happier for the way things are now." Brandon said with a smile, thinking back to when he and Dylan had problems before he realized how much they really cared for each other.

"Oh. So you and Dylan are..." Waylon was going to say in surprise before Brandon answered for him.

"Yep, we were best friends for a while when I was working on my first invention. And before we knew it, we started dating and got married when we finished building this company from the ground up for over 12 years." Brandon said, proudly.