Part Two

Practice is early for me. Somehow I am able to pry myself from bed and get presentable enough to get to work. As I walk into the arena, I see Chloe chatting with some men who seem to be important and I am embarrassed I don't know who they are. I see she is finishing up so I head over to catch her and ask for what the hell I am supposed to be doing.

 "Lily yes!" She catches me first. "Today we are getting some practice shots, very simple. Then we will go brainstorm with the rest of our team for more video and bit ideas. Sound cool?" This actually did sound very cool. So that is what I said.

"Yeah! So what am I doing?"

"You will be on that side of the ice, the one with the benches. You can set up on the visitors side. Easy. You can use Beth's camera since I finally got mine to work." She hands me the camera and points to where I am expected to sit.

"After you get set up you can move to the home bench because they tend to stay around there the most. You will get the best shots. After either they finish or I call you over, we will move into my office. Okay?" I nod and put the camera strap around my neck because I would rather die than break this camera.

I make it over to the benches finish setting up so I move to the home bench. I could not be more nervous than I am right now. I have taken a million pictures in my lifetime but never ones that would be put onto a official sports team instagram. Luckily, I don't think there is that much pressure on me, so I am just going to try and have fun and not break Beth's camera.

Many minutes go by of me snapping pictures of the boys shooting on net, drinking from their water bottles, and playing around with the pucks. I am laser focused when a voice scares me out.

"Get any good ones of me?" JEEZE! I almost fall backwards but his hand grabs my forearm stopping me from such.

"You scared the shit out of me." I say grabbing my chest before realizing who it is.

Number 86.

"Sorry" He follows this up with a smirk. First time i've seen him amused. "Let me see your shots"

"Not too busy with practice? Your coach would kill me if he thinks i'm keeping you" Thinking back to what Chloe was telling me.

"Lindy will be fine, I wanna see what you got." This makes me embarrassed. If I am about to get made fun of by the lead devil I hope he goes easy on me. Also, why is he speaking to me?

"Fine. Be nice." I reluctantly show him some of my pictures. My best ones are #7 shooting on net, #41 mid save, and a really cool action shot of Jack and #43.

"Hey thats a cool one of me and my brother. Get that sent my way." He taps my screen and skates off. This leaves me with a million questions...

1. Brother? 43 is his brother?

2. Why does he want this picture?

3. Why was the star devil talking to me?

As I contemplate this I see Chloe frantically trying to wave me over, I assume this is my cue.

"Hey what did Jack want?" Chloe asks once I reach her. "He does not normally just come and chat with us." Really? So my assumptions were right, this was weird.

"Oh! He just wanted this picture sent to him. I don't really-"

"Really?! Wow congrats. I can have that done for you." She praises grabbing the camera from me.

"Thanks." I say as I follow her to our first meeting of the day.

Later that night...

@jackhughes on instagram just posted a photo