𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘢

꧁❧꧂

As the first light of dawn filtered through the windows of the District 5 apartment, Sereia Black and Damien Wilfred awoke to the bustling energy of the Hunger Games day. Larissa Fox, their eccentric escort, burst into the living room as the district 5 tributes had fell asleep their the night before.

"Rise and shine, my darlings! Today is the day!" Larissa exclaimed, her colorful ensemble and theatrical demeanor adding a splash of vibrancy to the subdued room. The day had come where Sereia would have to kill to survive and become a monster in the games.

Sereia, her eyes adjusting to the light, exchanged a knowing glance with Damien. The weight of the impending arena hung in the air, but the unspoken bond between the tributes remained steadfast. As much as Sereia wanted to hate Damien he was charming and had won her over. They bonded slowly yet, heavily and had become close friends in such a short amount of time.

As Larissa continued her animated preparations, Jude Axel, their mentor, entered the room with a presence that commanded attention. His gaze fell upon Sereia and Damien.

"Today marks the beginning of your journey," Jude declared, his voice steady. "Remember, the Capitol will try to break you, but it's your alliance that will define this journey."

Sereia and Damien nodded, absorbing the weight of Jude's words. He continued, "In the arena, trust your instincts, rely on each other. Your alliance is your greatest asset." Damien turned to look at his partner admiring her as the sun started to shine in her face.

"Sereia, you must remember to portray the character they make you out to be," Jude spoke once again reminding her that the Capitol had seen her as a coldhearted warrior. "And Damien, you must remember to portray the perfect ally."

With a subtle nod to Larissa, Jude left them with a final piece of advice. "Show the Capitol what District 5 is made of. Make them remember the names Sereia Black and Damien Wilfred." Their mentor had swiftly exited the room, but Damien still had his eyes on the girl sat beside him.

"Keep looking at me and I'll cut your eyes out." Sereia threatened with no emotion showing on her face as she stared straight ahead not bothering to make eye contact.

"Just when I thought you and I became friends. We quite literally slept together." Damien scoffed jokingly but Sereia's eyes had a crazed look in them. He had obviously meant that they fell asleep on the couch together but Larissa was watching from behind them and gasped thinking that he meant something else.

"You better start thanking whatever god you pray to, that we are allies." She muttered as she got up to get dressed leaving Damien on the couch alongside Larissa who was creating their arena tactics.

Plenty of time had gone by and the two district 5 tributes, had gotten pep talks to last them a life time from their mentor and their escort. The moment had arrived for Sereia Black and Damien Wilfred to part ways temporarily as they prepared to enter their respective launch tubes. Larissa Fox, ever the showwoman, orchestrated the farewell with an air of theatrics.

"Darlings, the time has come to spread your wings and dazzle the Capitol!" Larissa declared, guiding them towards the designated exits. Sereia and Damien exchanged a determined glance, the unspoken alliance echoing in their shared gaze again.

"Meet me at the cornucopia? And promise not to die during the bloodshed ." Damien whispered into her ear and Sereia nodded turning around to face him.