019 | This quest can suck a butt

—𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐈𝐒𝐌 is one of the things that is subject to humans and half-bloods

For example; Nefeli completes a Prophecy and Percy holds up his end of the deal by defeating the Chimera, that makes them the heroes of the day. However in the eyes of the humans it makes them wanted crooks for damaging the arch and apparently wrecking a train cabin. The thanks she got for doing what she did? A tote bag with the words "The Arch" in a blue that resembled Percy's eye color.

When they had turned on their heel to find Percy an officer was waiting to take them down to where everyone in the building was being questioned. This time Annabeth didn't say anything to the officer like she did back on the train. On the bright side, Echidna was nowhere to be seen.

Per usual Nefeli tried to keep all of them positive thoughts in her head, all of the bright sides, but a storm cloud cast a grey tint on all the good things. The storm cloud was named 'Percy is still missing'. Wonky name, I know.

"We should get out of here." Grover suggested looking around at all of the people he felt were staring right at him. Annabeth was still being questioned by an officer which was a dead end for the officers. She wouldn't dream of snitching.

Nefeli had her eyes on the three old women who where staring her down hard. One held a light blue roll of yarn, while another held up scissors, pulled a piece, then smiled snipping. In an instant Nefeli felt her heart drop, she felt the air in her lunfs get vacummed out.

"Nefeli," Grover waved a hand in front of her face to gain her attention. Nefeli nearly slapped it out of her way but instead turned around to see Annabeth standing behind Grover, "Annabeth thinks we should leave before the officer comes back."

"We still need to find Percy." Nefeli forgot about the three women for a second because that could mean anything, three old women can crochet together it's not a crime as far as she knew.'

Annabeth nodded her head and the four who became three split up to cover more ground. Grover went left, Annabeth went right, and Nefeli went straight forward.

She couldn't explain why there was a bottomless pit where her stomach once was- scratch that she knew exactly why there was a bottomless pit where her stomach once was. It was because she hoped Percy was okay, after he plunged to his death then got pulled into the water she expected him to resurface fast. He did not.

Even though she knew she was supposed to maybe try calling out his name she didn't. Every time she opened her mouth to speak, to say his name, she forgot how to.

At the sound of a splash she whipped her head around fast. If she wasn't so worried about Percy she would be focusing on the beautiful beach in front of her, all the hot sand, the pretty clouds and blue skies-