1

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ: yeah...this is a yandere howl pendragon fanfiction, i made an imagine based on that idea and posted it on my tumblr (under the same username as my wattpad) and decided that i should make a book!

anyway, i hope you all enjoy. 🫶🏻

- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ ❜┊˚͙۪۪̥◌

the vast kingdom of ingary has always peeled y/n's interest and even at a very young age, she wanted to venture out to explore all the corners of the kingdom—the folding valley, where she lives, porthaven, kingsbury, and the waste. the folding valley is a large fertile valley through which a river runs. it has only one known town, called market chipping as far as y/n's concerned. other than that, she knows it's surrounded by many small farms.

but even then, it's not like she can even travel as far as the city's borders thanks to her father's strict rules and curfew. it's sort of humiliating, how her father restrictions on her even though y/n is old enough to take care of herself. sadly...her family won't allow that. they would hate to see her go, even if she's at that age where she needs to be on the lookout for a potential partner.

despite it being her home, y/n has somewhat grown to dislike the folding valley, especially since nowadays, some people have grown sleazy and uncaring about their safety and others.

she'd rather take her chances and head up to the waste and try her luck with the witches and wizards who are known to lurk up there, including the infamous wicked witch of the waste herself. she's a dastardly woman and from the rumors y/n's heard around town, she's heard that she's quite ugly. it's a cross thing to say, but sometimes the truth hurts.

still...y/n wouldn't know what to do with herself if a hex or curse were to be cast upon her. if she ever stumbled across the wicked witch of the waste, the chances of the once great sorceress sparing her are slim to none.

"y/n! y/n!" the sound of the h/c-haired woman's younger brother pounding at her bedroom door promptly steered her train of thought off track. "mom's taking us all to the festival, are you coming with or not?" that's right...it's the king of ingary birthday today and to celebrate his success as the kingdom's ruler, and to also hope that he lives a long life, so he can continue to bring prosperity to the land, each and every region throws a festival.

"yeah. i'll be right out," she responded and in the next instant, she could hear her little brother's hurried footsteps become distant. he's most likely on his way to tell his mom that she'll be down in a few minutes. pursing her lips together, y/n gets up from her seat that's directly in front of a window which gives her a perfect outlook on the grassy plains of her home.

again, it's...nice, but it's just a damn shame that she can't venture out and see what the other places in this kingdom are like. for example, were the villages along the coast such as porthaven as poor as people say? there has to be more than just living in the folding valley for the rest of her life.

"y/n, what's the holdup?!" her mother suddenly screamed from the bottom of the stares, agitated and impatient.

"just a minute, mom!" y/n called back, her voice slightly muffled as she slipped into a sleek dress, the fabric cool against her skin. even though she hated wearing dresses, she knew that her family would reprimand her for not wearing her finest garments for the special occasion and if she wore her everyday clothes, she'd surely stick out like a sore thumb in the crowd.