Chapter 1

'This is my destiny, this is what I was born into, there is no turning back now. I will cleanse this kingdom, be it by fire if needed, my people will have their peace, and I will annihilate any and all who prays on them.' He swore to himself with each step he climbed.

'This is my beginning, and this time, the world will revolve on my command,"

The long black train, embroidered in crimson and gold, not an inch spared, trailed behind him. He climbed, step by step, slow and graceful.

The robes that brushed the ground were a brilliant red, mixed with black, robes fit for an emperor. Golden embellishments, a collar of fur nestled over his broad shoulders.

There was no smile on his handsome face, passive, mournful. He stared straight ahead, chin up, ever the picture of confidence.

He knelt, one knee down, one smooth move, at the top dais, almost an altar. The old priest moved, settling the heavy crown on his unadorned hair.

"Rise, Lord Ruyin, 5th emperor of Wen dynasty!"

"Long live the emperor!"

"Long live the emperor!!"

"Long live the emperor!!!"

The voice of people resonated for a thousand mile, carrying hope, carrying fear, carrying uncertainty.

It went unnoticed, to any eye, the figure standing in a shadowed corner, gaze fixed on the newly crowned emperor.

'For all that is to come, I shall stand by your side, be your blade, and your shield,' he lowered his head, bowing, along with the sea of well wishers.

'This is my destiny, this is what I was born into,'