Train

School was finally over, and Luca and Giulia found themselves on the train headed back to Portorosso. As the train drew nearer to their beloved town, scenes of sandy beaches and rugged cliffs unfolded outside the window. Luca, lost in thought, gazed outside, contemplating the significance of his friendships.

Throughout the school year, Luca had formed numerous new friendships, but he couldn't shake the distinctiveness of his bond with Alberto. This realization struck him as confusingly different from the friendships he'd built with others. Even his friendship with Giulia felt unique, but he attributed that to the human-sea monster dynamic. However, as he thought further, he realized he'd encountered other sea monsters before Alberto, and none evoked the same feelings. What did it all mean? Was it positive? Negative? The myriad possibilities overwhelmed his mind.

"Luca? Luca!"

Startled, Luca turned to Giulia, who had been trying to get his attention.

"Sorry! I'm just thinking about seeing Alberto again," he mumbled nervously, fidgeting with the fluff on the train seat. Giulia, arms folded, grinned reassuringly.

"Honestly, Luca, it'll be fine! I'm sure he's excited to see you," she said, continuing to sketch in her book. Luca rested his head against the chair, and soon, the train came to a stop. He took a deep breath, gathering his things as he and Giulia disembarked. Giulia rushed to Massimo, sharing school tales, while Luca followed suit, hugging his parents.

"Luca! It's so good to see you. How was school?" Daniela beamed, holding his face. Luca grinned, about to share his experiences.

"It was awesome! I learned so much, especially about the solar system. I can't wait—" Luca's gaze shifted, catching sight of Alberto. Wait. Alberto! He turned, his gaze meeting Alberto's.

AHHH A CLIFFHANGER! on the first part 😁 sorry guys, gotta make it interesting. i'm so in love with luca and alberto's story all over again, and i can't wait to write even more!! - sparrow🩵
[325 words]